Check out the two songs in my UG profile and let me know what you think, crit 4 crit of course.

None of it is insanely clean or anything, but its just some stuff I do when stuff doesn't fit in the metal band I'm in right now.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/GoodCharloteSux/music/all/play216670

EDIT: I play all the instruments by myself, no computer BS
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Feb 13, 2008,
That's pretty snazzy right there. Very nicely recorded, too. Kudos, my friend. Kudos.
Thanks dude I appreciate it, all comments are welcome, constructive ones especially.
yea It was intentional, thanks for the comment, originally I pictured that as a slowed down chorus with some vocals but, I can't sing so.......
Pretty cool stuff man, of course I love it whenever I hear anything experimental. That weird sound at 1:35 in "I Don't Know" is really intense. Nice playing too man, I wish I had drums/could play and record them. Mystery is especially good, particularly the intro. This is pretty interesting stuff, I'd like to hear more from you. Keep it up.

Crit me here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787146
Quote by gratefulduck
stuff sounds really good, kind of like Frank Zappa to me. keep it up

Thats weird you say that because I've never really listened to Zappa, maybe I should start lol!
I liked Mystery, what effect was that on the first few chords at the very beginning? And these dudes are right, you're channelin Zappa on this stuff man
the effect is called 50's RnB on my zoom studio thing. It sounds like a clean vibrato delay, thanks for all the positives keep it coming if you could
I don't know:
liked the first couple of minutes the most. some interesting chord changes and rhythms. the simple lead part works really well. not such a fan of the second part when the drums speed up and there's a lot of tremollo picking but that's just personal taste i guess. overall, interesting listen.

mystery:
really nice beat at the beginning. like the guitar tone. as with the first song, i like the main idea of the song but not so much the other parts around it. i would probably take that pentatonic riff thing out completely. it's good to hear some more ambitious, experimental music though. there's so much music around that sounds exactly the same....but your style is really unique.

thanks for the crit by the way.
Idk: I didn't really like much to be honest, nothing wrong with it really, it just doesn't suit me will.

Mystery: I liked this one a lot better, the parts were it picked up were really cool. I didn't care much for the keyboard or bass part, were it was louder then everything else (i think it was keyboard if it was bass it sounded weird.) The last 40 seconds or so the outro is pretty awesomex]
IDK: I like it. It kept me listening all the way through. I really like some of the subtle stuff you added to it.

The main melody is pretty wicked.

I'm not a big fan of the solo guitar. I almost think it should be going somewhere, because it's in the forefront over the top of the rest of the music. If you're keeping it simple, I would back it down a little in the mix to make it fit in better.

Mystery: Again, I liked it. I agree with the guy above that the pentatonic part is out of left field a little... but if thats what you're going for, then great. I like the tempo changes, and I bet it would be cool with lyrics on it, too.

I love all of your guitar tones on this track. This was all done with your zoom box? What are you using specifically? I'm in the market for a digital effects box for recording some of my stuff. (the one I have is a little limited)

Check out my latest song and crit, please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785209
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Hey mate, thanks for the crit.

I listened to I Don't Know. You say you played all the instruments on this? Really impressive if you did. Pretty nice recording set up you have there. Some really nice and interesting harmonies you have going on. I'm not really well versed in experimental music but I think it would be nice to have a really stand out and obvious melody line that you could always bring back in? Maybe work on your chops a bit more for the solo, but if all the instruments are you playing then maybe you dont have quite that much time to work on them!

Good job!
Hey guys thanks for all the comments.

I run through an Zoom SIAB 8 track recorder which has effect patches, so that is where the effects and so forth are ran through.

more comments would be sweet
Starts off very radiohead like, at least reminds me of something off in rainbows. the transition could be a little smoother.

Dischordant in parts, like in the solo... is this intentional or do you need to learn your scales? Be more selective with your bends too...

Could be interesting, make it tighter! That main riff really reminds me of some other song, but I can't think...

peace
Honestly, I don;t play much lead, I mean I can play a standard thrash solo, but Ive just never been into "it" as much as coming up with some cool riff or something.

thanks for the comment!
i listened to "I Dont Know" and i like it, but it gets choppy around 2:50 or so, though, and sounds off time.

if you want to crit mine, Untitled that'd be cool but this was a crappy crit so i can't blame you if you don't want to :P
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
for some reason it won't let me go to your profile...i'm hoping it's a glitch and i'll be able to hear this later...sounds like it will be good!
Too cool for a signature.
drum beats needed work, they were almost the same.... bioth songs sounded the same about
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
part of Trumpet Player's Alliance
Pimus sucks group
80s rock group
Quote by frozen_soul
ummm testicular cancer?
i listened to mystery. the kick drum sounded a bit weird. the highhats sounded really good. very atmospheric. i like the the leads! nice. they remind me alot of billy howerdel's playing. i like the tempo slow down! i think this would be much better if it flowed more smoothly...it didn't feel very congruent to me. good job though!
Too cool for a signature.
thanks dude, in a way the anti-flow was kind of to mix up the listener. Kind of like, you don;t know whats coming next, feel.