Poll: Which Guitar is Better?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Guitar is Better?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
21 42%
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
29 58%
Voters: 50.
I currently own a schecter gryphon (great first guitar!) and im looking to move up my gear. I was looking between the Les Paul Studio from Gibson, and the new Fender American Strat. If you guys could help me decide which one is better plz do! And be honest with your answer and explain why would also help... thanks!
I've played both and I think the Strat sounds and plays really nice
hey man, i would go with the gibson les paul studio. I have a personal preference towards gibsons rather than fenders. I dont know which Strat you are looking at because i see there are a lot of them with "reissues" "50s" "60s" "deluxe" etc. but many i see are close to one thousand dollars some closer than others. I also prefer the bumbuckers as opposed to single coils. Also I almost bought the gibson les paul studio after playing many other les pauls. But then I requested a Double Cut. Which they luckily had one, and was the guitar I have wanted since the time I began playing guitar. So I would go with the Gibson, which is for my feel, and the sounds I like to get. Good Luck.
If u want an excellent clean, blues, country, and classic rock sound, you definately can't go wrong with a Strat. Especially with the new American Std. series. Strat's tend to have thinner necks than Gibsons as well. But if u want an excellent distorted sound, as well as a thick, creamy clean, get the Gibby. Nice guitars with very versatile Burstbucker pickups. Mostly, tho, its personal preferance.
All you are going to get are people's preferences. I think every rock guitarist ought to have at least one of each. Two very different guitars.
I'd say go for the stratocaster for sure. Just all around a better value and a far better guitar for your hard earned money.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by uldhppi
All you are going to get are people's preferences. I think every rock guitarist ought to have at least one of each. Two very different guitars.

+1, a strat an LP are absolute necessities in a classic rock/mainstream rock players arsenal.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Well, they're totally different. So which do YOU like? Apples or blueberries?

I guess what I would say is this: if you buy an American Strat you could keep the thing stock and it would be pretty much as great a Strat as you can get or probably need without going the Custom Shop route or getting a Deluxe with its fancy shmancy electronics. If you get an LP Studio you don't get the binding which you can never fix and the pups aren't as good as some others. You'll never ever get one to sound like the other though. Gibsons are just inherently more expensive that Fenders.
Quote by Comfortablylomb
Well, they're totally different. So which do YOU like? Apples or blueberries?

+1

I'd pick the Strat, although the Studio is nice too. The Stratocaster's that are around $1000 should really be nice.

The Studio is good, but it's not that good compared to a Gibson Les Paul Standard/Classic. So if you like the feel of a Les Paul, I'd save up for a Standard or a Classic. Those are fantastic.
Quote by uldhppi

Agreed totally. Two very different guitars, both great for their own reasons. Get both!!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson DC Pro Custom shop
Fender American Stratocaster - Vintage custom
Fender Squier Strat
Fender Standard Telecaster
Quote by SSnake77
Strat.

BTW Epiphone Elitist LP >>>> Gibson Studio.

I've heard really good things about the Elitists but have never seen one in a store. Where the heck do they sell those things?

Edit - And not like, you know, online. Places that actually keep them in-store.
Quote by Comfortablylomb
I've heard really good things about the Elitists but have never seen one in a store. Where the heck do they sell those things?

Edit - And not like, you know, online. Places that actually keep them in-store.

Actually I ran up on a used one at my local guitar shop, it was sweet. I played both the Gibson Studio and the Elitist, and the Elitist defeated it in every way, hell, it even looks much better.

Mainly tho, big places like Sam Ash or Guitar Center tend not to have them in stock. You'd either have to get them online or run into them secondhand.
My Gear:

Schecter Gryphon Ruby Red

Dunlop Original Crybaby
Jekyll and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Laney LC50
Vox AD15VT Valvetronix

My Youtube Channel, check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SSnake77