I have a quick question about something.

in the dear future, when i actually get a job, i was thinking about getting a Gibson Les Paul and was wondering which one to get
so i decided these 3

Either the Classic Custom,
the Standard,
or the Classic

i dont really care bout pricewise i just wana know which one is the best with its quality
i love my standard
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Go For The One That Sounds Best To You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO DO THIS U HAVE TO TRY THEM OUT!?!

Also
this is in the wrong forum
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Last edited by B. Heath at Feb 13, 2008,
Quote by B. Heath

+1
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by B. Heath

+1

i do love the sound of a les paul custom though if i had to chose for you, but they are overpriced, as are every les paul guitar.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
I love my classic.

Honestly, they all own. So ya, pick the one that you like most.

For best results change pickups.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend
Quote by zoomzilla
Are you buying new? If so, think again. For some reason or other, Gibson's QC department is asleep at the wheel. Read here.

http://forums.birdsandmoons.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33037

Gibson QC isn't that bad in spite of the horror stories you've heard.

TS, I'd take the Classic Custom off the list. If you really want Ebony boards and Custom appointments, just shell out for a Custom. Now a Classic vs Standard is about tastes really. If you really don't mind not having a flame and like the slimmer necks, I'd get the Classic, it's loads cheaper and if you swap them with burstbuckers, you essentially have a Standard. If you can't live with out the flame and a huge, fat neck, get a Standard.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I have the classic.

IT'S AWSOME!

People say that they are weight reducing the new gibson's, but who cares, if it sounds good, then get it! Mine is pretty light, its actually like 1 pound lighter than my Guitar Teacher's Les Paul Standard thats from 1997, mines 2007.

I'd say that the Classics and Standards are great, I haven't tried the Custom Classic, it probably would sound pretty good though.
Quote by Mockingbird452
I have the classic.

IT'S AWSOME!

People say that they are weight reducing the new gibson's, but who cares, if it sounds good, then get it! Mine is pretty light, its actually like 1 pound lighter than my Guitar Teacher's Les Paul Standard thats from 1997, mines 2007.

I'd say that the Classics and Standards are great, I haven't tried the Custom Classic, it probably would sound pretty good though.

They've been weight relieving Gibson guitars forever! They probably started some time during the eighties. The weight relief is really a love/hate thing. Some people like the heavier Pauls because the heavier ones tend to have more sustain and a darker tone. Others like the weight relieved ones because they're, well, lighter and offer more resonance.

Personally, I like to feel the guitar I'm playing while I'm playing it. I'm a sucker for the heavy ones!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
They've been weight relieving Gibson guitars forever! They probably started some time during the eighties. The weight relief is really a love/hate thing. Some people like the heavier Pauls because the heavier ones tend to have more sustain and a darker tone. Others like the weight relieved ones because they're, well, lighter and offer more resonance.

Personally, I like to feel the guitar I'm playing while I'm playing it. I'm a sucker for the heavy ones!

I'd like the normal weight and sustain of a Les Paul, but I tend to like the brighter sound more. But, I also like the Dark sounding guitars, those are sick too.
Quote by Mockingbird452
I'd like the normal weight and sustain of a Les Paul, but I tend to like the brighter sound more. But, I also like the Dark sounding guitars, those are sick too.

It's not like it's a huge difference anyways.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster