According to musicians friend, the little big muff is the same as the big muff, in a smaller case and for a cheaper (slightly) price.

does anyone have any experience with both of these and care to comment on them?
the little big muff is a mixture of tunes from the sovtek and us versions of the big muff. i dont have experience with the sovtek one so i cant compare, but thats what is said about it.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by gtrhero93
According to musicians friend, the little big muff is the same as the big muff, in a smaller case and for a cheaper (slightly) price.

does anyone have any experience with both of these and care to comment on them?

Strictly from what i've read about it, they are exactly the same but in a smaller case. Unlike the nano and micro boxes from ehx where they use cheaper electronics, the little big muff should just be a smaller case with the exact same electronics.
Big Muff-Modern, more aggressive sounding reissue

Little Big Muff-Sonically close to the older big muffs from the 70s

It's about personal taste and how much room you have on your pedal board. I love the little big muff
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Personally I would get some big muff. I mean, I dont know where youre from but down here getting some little muff can get you thrown in prison.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
the little big muff is a mixture of tunes from the sovtek and us versions of the big muff. i dont have experience with the sovtek one so i cant compare, but thats what is said about it.

there's another question. how many different versions of the big muff are there and what do they each sound like.
from what i know, there's a triangle big muff, a ram's head, a green sovtek one, the civil war one (the one with the blue paint), the NYC and Sovtek (black) re-issues and the little BM.

out of all, the triangle and the ram's head i believe are the most cloned.
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
yeah they modeled the Little Big Muff after the late 70's models which were somewhat smoother
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by LuthierofTexas
Personally I would get some big muff. I mean, I dont know where youre from but down here getting some little muff can get you thrown in prison.

No kidding. I was waiting for a response like this. The Little muff is bascially the big muff after using a razor.
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah