Page 1 of 2
like 4 or more months ago i posted threads about getting a G N' R tattoo and i finally got it done, took me a while to find a tattoo parlor with a decent template to go off of. ran $240, and i like it a lot. took 1 hour an 45 minutes.

enjoy, discuss, criticize, i don't care!!

(Invalid img)
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Let it heal before you post a pic. I did the same thing and it just doesn't look right until the red/swelling/peeling goes away
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I'm not really a fan of either that design or of band tattoos in general, but they did a good job.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Tattoos FTMFL.

They nauseate me
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
I... don't like it. Too simple, and it's from a template. Anybody can get a flash tattoo, it doesn't take any thought. A truly great tattoo takes imagination and originality.

and.. Guns n' Roses?

As long as you like it though, that's good.
hug your local pug dealer!
lol when i saw it at first i though it was a gunslinger tattoo from The Dark Tower series by Steven King

Still cool
Your shoulder is huge.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
did you walk into the tattoo parlor and ask for the gayest tattoo possible?
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
yeah its cool i guess but i agree with cody733 about the whole flash template thing plus i have a personal problem with band tattoos...but hey (and its been said about 3 times so far) to each his own.
Looks great.

I might be making an appointment for sometime during Spring Break.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
The lack of proper color mixing looks tacky, and you paid way too much for that. The average reputable shop runs about $100/hr.

Oh, and Body Mod thread.

1:45 is just about 2 hours so 2x100=200 plus 20% tips = 240.

cool tattoo TS I'm thinking about getting one of John Lee Hooker or Keith Richards one of these days.
If I were to get a tattoo it'd be Rush for sure, probably the 2112 album cover.. yea.. sweet.

As for yours, it looks kind of cartoon-ish.. Maybe it needs to heal or something.. The revolvers look like they should be skinnier, that's the reason it looks cartoon-ish, they are too fat, they need to be slim and sexy.
yea like i said, they're the reason i started guitar, appetite for destruction is my numba one album of all time.

as for the template thing, i didn't mind too much, as i didn't want it to be too pricey, which it woulda been more for me to do freestyle type. i personally like it alot, and i know there are gonna be a lotta mixed feelings about both the work and the band, but when it comes down to it, it IS all about MY preference.

some mite think it's gay to have a rose on my arm, but a real man can pull it off, i've had nothing but compliments from everyone who's seen it. i appreciate yall takin some time to comment on it tho!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
The revolvers look a little tacky, not very realistic looking.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
The lack of proper color mixing looks tacky, and you paid way too much for that. The average reputable shop runs about $100/hr.

Oh, and Body Mod thread.

Costs more when it's in colour.
Quote by The__Chill

...It's a tattoo...
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
ehhhhh
looks kinda cheesy
but guns n roses=guitar then i gess its approptiote
post a pic when it heals :]
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Looks decent for flash, not my personal favorite way to get tattoos (Consoles with the artist + plenty of sketches FTW)

I thought it would have been a Dark Tower tat when I first saw it...Which reminds me that I gotta get Ka Tet Tattooed on me in some way since that book changed my life.

This your first tattoo? Cause if so you're gona get addicted! Haha, no joke, it's like crack
in a week or so i'll take another pic and yall can see how it looks healed. the whole thing i was goin for was G N R so i dont really see how it's cheesy. only difference btw this and their appetite logo in the booklet is that there are two roses and they are wrapped a lil around the pistols.

lol Vornik u said it sooo true, it's a TATTOO, i'm not tryin to have mona lisa painting on my arm, i just want somethin that looks good to ME. and it does

i didn't want the exact logo from the booklet, i wanted it to look a lil different, but still recognizable.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
im sorry man tatoos are cool and all but dam it just looks so ****ty cuz your skin is so white. you need a ****in tan, that will make the whole thing look better.

ya and im guessing you dont want to make it as a popular musician do you?
so mr. VR 07, what does a tattoo have to do w/ being a musician?

it's winter and cold as hell, tanning time is for when it warms up and i can get to the beach.
you want me to fake n' bake or sumthin? haha relax the tat still had that A&D ointment on it so it was glistening, it wont be so shiny and bright after it's done healing im sure.

lol
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by The__Chill

+1 and it looks like the one on the right has a longer barrel than the one on the left...
maybe it's just the picture though.
well im just sayin if your in a band or your a solo musician you should really be getting tattoos of your band and not other bands.
mite jus be the picture ha, yall wanna pull out a ruler? you can't really expect skin art to be as precise as sketch art, you gotta remember it's not a pencil drawing on my arm, it's a damn needle puncturing it like 500 times a minute! yall must really be looking for some perfection.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by VR 07
well im just sayin if your in a band or your a solo musician you should really be getting tattoos of your band and not other bands.

Serious? I think that would just be weird.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Quote by sSyLc
Serious? I think that would just be weird.

are you kidding? I mean take slash for example his only tattoos are of girls, his bands, his albums, and other **** he likes. You dont see him walking around with a big ass aerosmith tattoo on his right arm
it all depends on how much you feel devoted to ur band i guess, i know axl's got the appetite Cross on his arm, but i mean he knew that album was gonna be big.

i want people to know where my inspiration comes from, i don't care what anyone's opinions on the band are, cuz you could never alter mine.

just to be specific, when it comes to G N R as a whole and not the seperate members, they're my inspiration from the early hollywood rose days to spaghetti incident. new G N R has NOTHING to do w/ my inpsiration- other than the frontman of course.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Quote by slash_rocks2005
mite jus be the picture ha, yall wanna pull out a ruler? you can't really expect skin art to be as precise as sketch art, you gotta remember it's not a pencil drawing on my arm, it's a damn needle puncturing it like 500 times a minute! yall must really be looking for some perfection.

o yeah i know, I was just pointing it out.
no hard feelings. everyone's a critic when it's not on their body.

thanx for commentin!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
The revolvers look kind of stupid.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by VR 07
are you kidding? I mean take slash for example his only tattoos are of girls, his bands, his albums, and other **** he likes. You dont see him walking around with a big ass aerosmith tattoo on his right arm

It just seems really immodest to me. Maybe if you designed a cool tattoo, and thought it was so cool, you should use it as an album cover too, or the other way around, I think that might be okay. The way I see it, if you're going to get a tattoo of something you didn't design, it would be to show your respect for the creator/who it represents.
Quote by markr17
go eat a hermanpherdite.
Last edited by sSyLc at Feb 13, 2008,
Yeah and that was Axls albums o thats my point exactly.

and do you even know anything about axl and Guns N Roses or are you just one of those guys who thinks there the best thing ever because they heard a few stories?
VR 07, don't get me started. i didn't grow up in the 80s so i prolly dont recall like people who did, but i spent sooo much of my time researchin this band since bout 6 or so years ago, when i first heard their album. do not even think of labeling me as a "recent fanboy" b/c i've heard a few of their radio hits, i live off the ****in use your illusions albums and appetite, i know it by heart.

it's funny, cuz im usually the one asking the question u are, so i'm not gonna bash ya for it. just realize that yes, i know my info.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
Page 1 of 2