5. Learn a new song

i figure i can repeat the process?

hows it sound
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
well i will with scales and sweep picking
and learning a new song

theory is just a must
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
If it's gonna be a lengthy schedule, I'd reccommend warming up for 15 mins instead of 5
If you plan to have quite an intense practice session you should really spend much longer warming up. I spend at least 15-20 mins warming up, but it can be different for every person. It's also dependant on when the last time you played was, being hot or cold, what level you're playing at, and lots of other things. If I was only planning on playing for about 30 mins, then I'd only warm up for 5 mins.
And I'd definately make some time for improvisation in the schedule.
add:

6. Make up a chord progression and jam along to it.

7. Cool-down

Use either guitar pro/power tab, a looping pedal if you have one, or just record yourself playing some progression for a period of time, and then just play lead over it for a while. Just keep playing like that at the end of your session until you get bored/run out of time/hands start getting crampy.

As for the cool-down, it's only really necessary if you were playing for a really, really long time (like, hours-long)
Strat / SH-201 -> DOD Mixer -> ZVex Mastotron -> Fulltone Clyde -> BYOC OD II -> Ibanez FLL -> VS Chorus -> DOD FX 96 -> Boss DD-6 -> MXR 10-Band EQ -> Boss RC-2 -> Stereo Mixer -> Alesis PicoVerb -> Peavey Delta Blues 210/Yamaha Fifty112
sounds good i'll add those things
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_