Apparently these are pretty decent guitars, they look to be about epi quality or comparible to agile, anyone have experience? are they good guitars to mod? (pups, tuners, etc.)
They look nice on eBay and on the YouTube vids that the owner makes they sound good but that has way more to do with the amp he uses which isn't seen in the video, but I can guarantee it isn't the ones sitting behind him.

I've never tried one but they look nice and would be great for modding, especially at the price. I like the Explorer style one they make.

EDIT: I suppose trying one is the best way to find out, but it's pretty much a guarantee that the hardware will just be bog standard. For all we know, the demo vids could be hot rodded versions of the guitars!
I used to have one and they are no where near Epi or Agile quality.....

The hardware was crap and it was hard to keep in tune.

Not sure what wood the body was made from, probably plywood.

I questioned them when I first received it as the bridge humbucker was not installed straight and the pole pieces were not lined up with the strings. I was told that the p'up was so powerful it didn't need to be installed straight!
i have an acrylic les paul. it got it second hand from ebay for £25.

on the whole, its ok. it plays reasonably well, though not amazingly, but i'm not a fussy guy, and its got some pretty awesome sustain (probably thanks to the body material). however, there are a few problems. firstly, the tuners seemed pretty poor quality, though i had to replace them anyway as one was broken when i bought it. secondly, and more importantly, the pickups on it are massively microphonic, to the point where its just unusable at band volumes on a dirty sound. but i replaced them, and now its pretty neato. i'm satisfied with it, and even after the cost of replacements things its come in at under £100, which is pretty awesome.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I have 2 Wesley guitars.
A flying V copy and the Freeport which is like a Tele with P90's.

I love both guitars. They play as well as some £400 guitars.

I bought them for the fun of it really, i had spare cash. I bough the V first and loved it.

My mate had the Freeport and i played that and loved it too, so bid on one and won it.

Great guiars for the money.
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
After a decent setup they play really nice.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by Predator 182
They play as well as some £400 guitars.

You must have played some pretty awful £400 guitars then!
Quote by fergus74
You must have played some pretty awful £400 guitars then!

Or maybe you got a bad run of Wesleys

These guys are constantly improving their instruments, and they're selling like hot cakes on ebay, with bids going close the their 'buy now' price.

They also have excellent feedback.
Plug in and let rip

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul
Laney TF 400
Digitech Brian May Pedal
Digitech RP 300
Various Boss effects
Chavette by Charvel guitar (HSS)
Squier Stratocaster
Boss BCB 60 Pedalboard
I have 2 Wesleys myself, well one is my Dads and tbh for the price they are damn good, I have a V shape which i have redone in white changed the hardware and pickups now it plays and sounds awesome and was still under £150.

They just need a bit of sorting out when they come in terms of just tightening the trem etc but they actually sound surprisingly good straight of the bat, surprised me, thats why i bought 1 for myself

EDIT:

One of these:

http://www.wesleyguitars.co.uk/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=44184&c=282695&i=197672376

Go on EBAY and go on their shop they sell for about half the price usually i got mine for about £55 i think inc postage.
Last edited by 666_Pounder at Feb 15, 2008,