I just started to notice that i play my guitar with my left hand at about 90 degrees to the neck. This is strange because almost everyone i see including the professionals play at 45 degrees to the neck. I've tried playing at 45 degrees to the neck but im still getting used to it, I've noticed play a little cleaner but still awkward. Does it matter wat position my left hand is in when playing?
i dont really think so, i play bass, and i use both ways, depending on wether i sit or stand. it really is just up to what feels the most comfortable i guess, and depending on what you are playing, but just see which works best for you and do your thing, whatever that may be...
play however is comfortable and feels natural for you. youll play best that way.
Quote by Bodomrulz
play however is comfortable and feels natural for you. youll play best that way.

The thing is i think i play much better playing this new way (45 degree angle) and this is how most people play it seems. But it doesn't feel right, but i do play cleaner and a little faster. The old way, i seem to lift my fingers more than i should, but it feels better and more comfortable. So do i go with playing better or playing more comfortable? i guess ill eventually get used to this new angle though.
i use to have the same problem too. but with 90 degrees angle i played much clearer so i practice until that new angle got comfortable to me. i think that'll be the best way to go. thats my humble opinion
I guess you could try practicing both ways till they are both comfortable/normal.
90 degrees to the neck? that must make it pretty confortable to play with your guitar strap set real low.
Quote by Manjinken
90 degrees to the neck? that must make it pretty confortable to play with your guitar strap set real low.

lol yeah my strap is pretty low, think ima just try and adjust to a 45 degree angle. thanks guys for the feedback.