Poll: Which LP should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which LP should I get?
Les Paul Standard
6 35%
Les Paul Classic
7 41%
another Les Paul Model (post which and why?)
4 24%
Voters: 17.
I am looking to buy a Les Paul, and i am currently looking at two Models: The Standard, or the Classic. What are the pros and cons to each? I really appreciate your help!
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Quote by Hirschberger
I am looking to buy a Les Paul, and i am currently looking at two Models: The Standard, or the Classic. What are the pros and cons to each? I really appreciate your help!

The Classic is basically a Standard minus the flame top, a different set of pickups and no '50's Rounded option for necks. I'd go with the Classic unless you really, REALLY need that flame top and the '50's neck.

The guitars would probably sound very similar if you dropped burstbuckers into the Classic.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
i mean they both look awesome but the thing is for me i have heard mixed reviews. some people have said that the standard is the way to go, but some people say the standard is terrible compared to the classic. if they are exactly alike then ill probably just get the classic, but i want more input just to make sure.
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
well now the polls are at 4 standard - 4 classic so i am stuck. can someone post why one is better?
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- A shitty MIM strat
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
The STandard is by no means a better guitar if you are worried about the price contrast... the classics have thinner necks and higher output humbuckers. And if you want pickup covers u can pick some up on ebay.