Hey everyone,

I have been playing for about 5 ish years and I have decided it is time for a new guitar.

I have seriously been considering buying the Schecter C-1 FR

I really want a guitar with a Floyd Rose. I was also looking at the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR.

Is the latter worth the extra money? If you have any suggestions of a good guitar with a Floyd Rose similar to those.

Thank you in advance.
Quote by Ehosteda
Is the latter worth the extra money?

Yes. My friend has one, I like it, except for the neck doesn't feel right in my hands... but I've been told I'm picky.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']you wont want the first one, its a licensed floyd AND duncan designed.. meaning its not good.
the hellraiser has real emgs and an OFR

Pretty much exactly what I was about to say. Listen to this guy.

I'm actually considering getting the guitar for myself.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']you wont want the first one, its a licensed floyd AND duncan designed.. meaning its not good.

I own a C1 FR and even though i notice a difference between that an my ltd (duncan design/emg's) The licensed floyd actually stays in tune pretty good, so i would disagree with that comment saying "its not good". Try to play them both if you can.. to see which one you like. I had to order my C1 FR so it may not be in stock at most places but you can probably play the hellraiser atleast. The one plus about that is i believe it is a neck thru guitar wherease the C1 FR is a bolt on. Both great guitars in my opinion.
Current Gear

ESP Ltd EC 1000
Schecter C1 FR

Jackson Dinky
Crap Acoustic
Crate Excalibur GX2200H
4x12cab
Ok cool. Thanks for all the help. I'll head up to the guitar shop this weekend when I have some time.
Quote by Lettherebeshred
I own a C1 FR and even though i notice a difference between that an my ltd (duncan design/emg's) The licensed floyd actually stays in tune pretty good, so i would disagree with that comment saying "its not good". Try to play them both if you can.. to see which one you like. I had to order my C1 FR so it may not be in stock at most places but you can probably play the hellraiser atleast. The one plus about that is i believe it is a neck thru guitar wherease the C1 FR is a bolt on. Both great guitars in my opinion.

maybe i kinda said it wrong.. its not AS good as the OFR, and the quality of the EMGs is better than the duncan designed

Edit: the hellraiser is set, not neck thru
Thanks for all the help guys.
I have a question though;
Whats the difference between a set neck/neck through?
Set neck is when the neck is glued to the body at the neck joint. Neck through is when the neck actually goes right through the body. In terms of feel, they're close, and offer a similar amount of upper fret access.

And I would go for either a C-1 Blackjack ATX FR or a C-1 Hellraiser FR. That way, you get the active pickups (take your pick - EMGs or SD Blackouts) AND an OFR.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Ok thanks a lot for the help. I'll head up to the guitar store and see if they have any in stock.
Quote by DrNick
Set neck is when the neck is glued to the body at the neck joint. Neck through is when the neck actually goes right through the body. In terms of feel, they're close, and offer a similar amount of upper fret access.

And I would go for either a C-1 Blackjack ATX FR or a C-1 Hellraiser FR. That way, you get the active pickups (take your pick - EMGs or SD Blackouts) AND an OFR.

im not sure about the blackouts, but the emgs in all new c-1 hellraisers have a coil tap

...that will do it. Buy the hellraiser. Schecters kick ass. You will see.