Does anyone know where I can get stats on how many songs are illegally downloaded by the average person? Thanks in advance!
well if they had those kind of stats dont you think they would be able to catch the people downloading the songs?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Don't think such a stat exists and even if it did it would almost certainly be wrong
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by SmellyGonorrhea

Reported
Quote by LaidBack
well if they had those kind of stats dont you think they would be able to catch the people downloading the songs?

I was hoping there'd be some sort of anonymous poll or survey, or other ways getting some data, if there's data on how many people use drugs, I suppose there are stats on illegal stuff... the record industries "know" how much they are loosing to it, so they must have an idea...
Quote by Garret.
Don't think such a stat exists and even if it did it would almost certainly be wrong

Even so, when it comes to writing papers, wrong stats>no stats...

I'm writing a paper on the whole thing and would like to point out that the average person would be certainly unwilling to pay for all the music they've gotten through illegal downloads.
The TS could be writing a paper on the subject. But there's equal chances that he's a narc. I would recommend not helping him. Just in case.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by julio1987
Reported

I was hoping there'd be some sort of anonymous poll or survey, or other ways getting some data, if there's data on how many people use drugs, I suppose there are stats on illegal stuff... the record industries "know" how much they are loosing to it, so they must have an idea...

I'm writing a paper on the whole thing and would like to point out that the average person would be certainly unwilling to pay for all the music they've gotten through illegal downloads.

*REPORTED* use www.google.com loser. dont waste ug's time
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
Why don't you try some original research? I guess depending where you are and that places laws, it might be hard to find willing participants. If you're in school you could try your fellow students, and maybe even do the teachers or something so you have different age brackets.
yes and reported for being a narc.... no wait... and possibly a communist... and a reporter... to what may be other communists. damn reds.

***reported to the CIA and NSA***
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
***reported again for informing communist Cuba of my report***
I love my...

Parker Nitefly Mojo - custom
Schecter 006 Hellraiser
Ibanez S470QS

Mesa / Boogie F-50
Vox AD50VT

Seagull Artist Studio cutaway I-beam

Ibanez ATK700
Ibanez Soundwave 35
Quote by tasty licks

this guy's got the right idea
Guitars:
Ibanez RGT 42FM
Ibanez AW20ASENT
Yamaha G-55A
Squier Stratocaster w/Scalloped Neck

Amp+FX+Lulz:
Boss GT-3
Crate GX-30M
Fender Hot Rod DeVille
Quote by julio1987

you might be able to get away with taking the amount of money record companies claim to be losing and then divide it by citizens to get an average amount for everyone.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by SmellyGonorrhea
*REPORTED* use www.google.com loser. dont waste ug's time

Stop hiding behind "ug" you're not it. You're one of those people who are just waiting for new threads to be posted to write something stupid like "rub icy hot on it" or "do a barrel roll" on the first post. I just called you on it, be a man, learn from your mistakes, deal with it.
Quote by belialonmyback
Why don't you try some original research? I guess depending where you are and that places laws, it might be hard to find willing participants. If you're in school you could try your fellow students, and maybe even do the teachers or something so you have different age brackets.

Yeah, but that'd be a last resort, since it would be a lot of effort to interview enough people to have significant data. I was thinking on contacting this site to see if they keep some sort of record...
Quote by civildp1
The TS could be writing a paper on the subject. But there's equal chances that he's a narc. I would recommend not helping him. Just in case.

Lol, I'm gonna ask for IPs too and you'll regret this...
Quote by Garret.
you might be able to get away with taking the amount of money record companies claim to be losing and then divide it by citizens to get an average amount for everyone.

That reminds me of something I read today, about how record companies calculated the amount of money they loose to illegal downloads, gonna try looking something along those lines. Anyways, it's late and I'm going to bed, but I'll check this thread tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas!!!!
Quote by tasty licks