Its my friends birthday and hes getting a new amp. What should he get

- Around $700
- He Plays 90% Classic Rock (Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Van Halen)
- Has to be sold in Canada
- Can't be used
- Has to sound good at decent volumes.

What to get?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
vox ac15 hands down
98 Epiphone Flying V Korina (Gibson '57 Classic and Classic Plus)

BD-2

Sovtek Mig-50
1979 Marshall 1960A (original Greenbacks)
go with a marshall MG100HDFX and an MG412 slant cab. cant go wrong with that, and im pretty sure at guitar center theyre like 600$. i dont know what they have in canada, but definitely look into it
+1 for the vox

its perfect for your friends taste
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Peavey Classic 30 or a Crate Palomino perhaps? including taxes, it should be less than $700 Canadian, save some money for whatever he may want to get next time
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by roknoob1590
go with a marshall MG100HDFX and an MG412 slant cab. cant go wrong with that, and im pretty sure at guitar center theyre like 600$. i dont know what they have in canada, but definitely look into it

Fuck no. Please don't ever suggest that again.

Go with a Classic 30.
I heard L&M is having a sales starting this weekend, and no doubt Traynor will have discounts.
Does your friend need a practice amp or a gigging amp?
For a practice amp, the Vox that was suggested would be great.

For a gigging amp, I'm gonna have to suggest this.

Edit - ^^Ah. The Crate Palomino and Peavey Classic series would also be great.

Quote by roknoob1590

Actually, I don't think you can go right with that.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by roknoob1590
MG's are crap.
Quote by roknoob1590

Ha! Your name says it all. You must love the crushing overdrive on your MG10CD!
Peavey Classic 30 would probably be a good choice. Laney VC30 might work too, but I don't think it has got enough gain for what he wants to play.
Quote by roknoob1590

Or flush your money down the toilet. can't go wrong with that either.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by roknoob1590

oi, pipe down muppet!

If you've got $700 and you're in Canada, and you want an amp for classic rock then you buy a Traynor, it's not even a decision, it's a stone cold fact, and absolute no-braynor even...

...i'll get my coat.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Miggy01
Quote by forsaknazrael
Traynor YCV50 Blue ftw.

Made in Canada, and the best Marshall-voiced amp under 1 grand. I'd pick it over a DSL401, even.

And since all those artists your named use Marshall, I'd say it's a good choice.
Quote by steven seagull
If you've got $700 and you're in Canada, and you want an amp for classic rock then you buy a Traynor, it's not even a decision, it's a stone cold fact, and absolute no-braynor even...

This is your best advice, I advise you to take it. Traynor makes an outstanding product, and the YCV 50 Blue is a perfect fit for your friend.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by steven seagull
oi, pipe down muppet!

...i'll get my coat.

Awful, gull. Awful.

But sound advice!
Quote by roknoob1590

alright.

i second the traynor. i haven't tried the 50, but the 40 and 20 are nice. by all accounts, the 50 is more aimed at the tones your friend wants, too (i.e. more marshally).

Quote by steven seagull
oi, pipe down muppet!

...i'll get my coat.

hahahahaha +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?