i have a greg bennett interceptor, and i want to change the pups in it. It is really versatile at the moment, but i want to upgrade the pickups. i want to put in some fender lace sensor pickups or some fender noiseless in the neck and middle positions, and an EMG in the neck position, but i think the bridge position would need routing to fit it in with the battery, would this be hard? and are there any other good choices, preferably passive so i don't have to route it? im using the single coils to play blues and stuff like that, think john mayer etc, and the bridge position to play rock, sort of, ACDC, led zeppelin.

the battery on active pups isnt on the pickup, you can put it int the control cavity, its just a 9 volt. id recommend either seymour duncan or dimarzio, preferably duncan. there are also blackouts from duncan which are far, far better than the emg's.

also, active or passive, you cant have those two passive singlecoils and an active pup in the bridge
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by spiderjerusalem
the battery on active pups isnt on the pickup, you can put it int the control cavity, its just a 9 volt. id recommend either seymour duncan or dimarzio, preferably duncan. there are also blackouts from duncan which are far, far better than the emg's.

also, active or passive, you cant have those two passive singlecoils and an active pup in the bridge

really? why is that?

Quote by which ones pink
An EMG is hardly the pickup you want for classic rock, try a DiMarzio PAF Pro for that.

ok thanks. but i play metal too, so i was thinking that. what do you think of a burstbucker?
Quote by fretsonfire74
really? why is that?

ok thanks. but i play metal too, so i was thinking that. what do you think of a burstbucker?

Active pickups require different pots and other parts than passives, so if you have a master volume, the passives will sound quiet and muffled.

I also think that Burstbuckers are nice, but really overpriced (that describes pretty much everything Gibson makes lol), and they're still not great for metal. Basically you're not going to get a pickup that does both classic rock and metal very well, you'll have to compromise somewhere. I suggest a DiMarzio Fred or Mo Joe.
ok thanks. i shall look into it.

EDIT: Theoretically, if i put a different master volume, tone etc in for the passive pups, would this be possible? I probably won't do it, too much work, just for curiosity's sake.
Last edited by fretsonfire74 at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why that? HRD have sub par overdrive, and wouldn't AC/DC OR Zep tones.

He's right, they are clean amps. You're gonna need alot of pedals

Why not buy a higher gain tube combo?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
or, like the user before said - use pedals

that and some dimarzio's with a highish output, will get you nice tones on the clean channel

admittedly, not like metallica i guess. But easily zep etc.
Adam
Quote by fretsonfire74
^ soon to get a hot rod deluxe.

like people have said that amp isn't really your style - look at traynors instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com