Here's something I just wrote, I MIGHT try making it into a song, but as of now its just some poetry I wrote. It's actually the first thing I've sat down with and not tried to make it a song right off the bat.

Drawing a Blank

She picked up a piece of paper and her weapon of choice
began to write a story of her life
From her first Christmas she remembered when she was eight
She wrote of Sam, her Junior prom date
A day in July watching all the creatures in the sky
and her pulsating love line
December Oh-One "I'm in love!"
to January twenty-four "What a wh0re!"
She wrote it all, and wrote it again
when the last time she realized
she forgot to click the pen.

EDIT: Will also C4C
EDIT2: Thx UVER for that catch! Pretty noob mistake on my part :P
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Last edited by HellBent1337 at Feb 14, 2008,
this is amazing. I love it. I felt at first that it was too short, but now I realize that it ends exactly where it needs to. very nice
I really liked in the first line "and picked her weapon of choice".

Seems short at first, but it's good like that I think. And nice ending too !

The only thing I would have change would be :
She told it all, and told it again to : She wrote it all, and wrote it again to

You can take a look at mine ?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=786556
hahahahaha. very clever. Sorry, this is a crappy crit, but its perfect, brought a smile to my face, it passed the test good job
i like this. it's short but it gets the point out there. nice.
Member #2 of the Mike Patton Worshippers club p.m. lalalama 2 to join

listen to metal.
wow,keep it up man. Its abit short and ends at the right moment. I love the final line by the way! "She wrote it all, and wrote it again
when the last time she realized
she forgot to click the pen."
First of all thanks for the crit I appreciate it. I really liked the rhythm that this piece had. It flowed very well. The only thing I would change would be "a story of her life" to "the story of her life." Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking here, but nothign needs to be changed. Also, the last line was great.
Quote by themarsvolta
First of all thanks for the crit I appreciate it. I really liked the rhythm that this piece had. It flowed very well. The only thing I would change would be "a story of her life" to "the story of her life." Yeah, I know I'm nitpicking here, but nothign needs to be changed. Also, the last line was great.

Actually i went back and forth from that exact change like 12 times lol, i couldnt decide which i actually liked better, but thanks for the crits guys!
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
It has a clever twist at the end, and a good rhythm and fairly decent flow. Nice job.
Quote by Wilson
I didn't realize I was being transformed until I was in her kitchen wearing an apron and frosting her cupcakes.