Been waiting on the UK supplies of the new S5470 to build up and stumbled across the SV range. Loved the look of the natural blue and considered getting one. The problem I have is with the tremelo, does anyone know what the stability of it is like and is it troublesome due to the fact its non-locking?
Yeah it's pretty sick looking but I'm afraid they arn't even out yet and the trem is brand so noone has had any experience with it.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
I thought the SV were S series with 24 frets at first.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
I thought the SV were S series with 24 frets at first.

Nope they always had 22 frets until this year.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
One of the reason I always plug Ibanez is that they get the trem's right and they hold tune. I'd be amazed if there was a problem.
Stop showing off and play the music!
Quote by JackalUK
Been waiting on the UK supplies of the new S5470 to build up and stumbled across the SV range. Loved the look of the natural blue and considered getting one. The problem I have is with the tremelo, does anyone know what the stability of it is like and is it troublesome due to the fact its non-locking?

you just dont do divebombs with trems like that.
They are meant for vibrator, maybe a whole step drop at most, otherwise your guitar is gonna go WAY out of tune.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
you just dont do divebombs with trems like that.
They are meant for vibrator, maybe a whole step drop at most, otherwise your guitar is gonna go WAY out of tune.

A good floating trem with a graphtech nut and locking tuners has no problem taking trem abuse. Sure, it will go out of tune at some point, but then just tune it up. No biggie. Dives as good as anything, although the raise range will be worse than a decently recessed Floyd.

Can't speak for the SV trem personally (yet), but it's a ball bearing machine, and promises to be very very good at it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
A good floating trem with a graphtech nut and locking tuners has no problem taking trem abuse. Sure, it will go out of tune at some point, but then just tune it up. No biggie. Dives as good as anything, although the raise range will be worse than a decently recessed Floyd.

Can't speak for the SV trem personally (yet), but it's a ball bearing machine, and promises to be very very good at it.

abuse is different from divebombs.
And that SV doesnt have a graphtech nut, OR locking tuners.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The SV have IBZ Auto Trim & Graph Tech® Trem Nut, that means yeah, locking tuners.

I could probably say that Planet waves made them for ibanez.

They'll hold tune just fine, just look at Dave Weiner's custom S. No locking nuts + ZR1 trem and they still hold tuning fine.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at Feb 14, 2008,
SV comes stock with lockers, and I think pre-release Ibanez literature mentioned a graphite nut. No biggie to put one in, in any case. It'll divebomb like the best of them, and more.

The fix-switch gizmo would make it easy to retune to alternate tunings too. It's good stuff.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!