they sound like generic radio rock like breaking benjemin and all the other bands that sound just like them.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
not really nothing stands out
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
I guess you could say that, but what about the vocals? How many singers sound like him, i find them to be a very unique band.

EDIT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFWDVjMmPg much better video.

has no signature.
Last edited by 11223344554433 at Feb 15, 2008,
Quote by soundgarden19
they sound like generic radio rock like breaking benjemin and all the other bands that sound just like them.

Woah woah. Never thought I'd see COG described as generic radio rock. Give 'The Spine' or 'The River Song' a listen. Or even 'Real Life' for that matter. The only generic-ey kind of songs off of New Normal that I can think of are pieces like My Enemy or Run. They even have songs that are 70% or so instrumental on the album. Not most radio rock tends toward that. :P
Quote by Shihonage
Woah woah. Never thought I'd see COG described as generic radio rock. Give 'The Spine' or 'The River Song' a listen. Or even 'Real Life' for that matter. The only generic-ey kind of songs off of New Normal that I can think of are pieces like My Enemy or Run. They even have songs that are 70% or so instrumental on the album. Not most radio rock tends toward that. :P

Yeah the river song is amazing, very different. It and the spine are probably my 2 favorite songs from the new normal. Join my group

has no signature.
Yes awesome band AND they used to live across the road from me (they moved out, but their parents still live there, so they drop by quite often and I say hello when I see them).

But yeah, they're pretty underrated. Favourite songs from The New Normal are Anarchy Ok, Run and Silence is Violence.
I discovered this band about half an hour ago in another thread, and.... wow. I love it! Those vocals are the standout to me, he has a really good voice. I visited their myspace and I seem to like their new album's songs more than the old one, but they're good too. Definitely one of my favourite aussie bands!

Bump.

Anyone heard bird of feather (i think its called) yet? It is a freaking amazing song.

has no signature.
Quote by 11223344554433
Bump.

Anyone heard bird of feather (i think its called) yet? It is a freaking amazing song.

COG - Bird Of Feather

chorus is amazing, and sick drumming