Page 1 of 2
What are your opinions on asexuality? Do you think it is possible to be truly asexual or do you think it is just another excuse for people who can't get laid? or is someones lack of sexual attraction a result of poor parenting i.e. strict religious upbringing.

Thoughts?
Seems completely natural to me. I don't see why anyone would complain.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
All sexualities are natural IMO, including asexuality.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
I've never really had any desire to have sex with anyone really, it's just not me. I'd rather chill with friends than try and bang some chick.

I don't think a lack of sexual desire is a result of poor up-bringing, I think it's more of a genetic thing.
it's possible not to find anyone physically attractive, which, mainly, is caused by hormonal imbalances during pregnancy.

it's not an excuse for not getting laid or a result of any of the immature reasons you listed. grow up.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I'm infact Asexual and alot of girls like me. So its not an excuse for not getting "laid", it just has alot to deal with pheremones and what you were born with.

/nerd.

EDIT: And it's NOT you dont find them physically attractive, its sexually atractive.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Last edited by Seth Shadows at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by Sol9989
it's possible not to find anyone physically attractive, which, mainly, is caused by hormonal imbalances during pregnancy.

it's not an excuse for not getting laid or a result of any of the immature reasons you listed. grow up.

I didn't say these were the only reasons, I was only joking about the first one but I definately think that some peoples upbringing have an effect on peoples view of sex. Like if you are brought up in a houshold that looks down on sex then it is going tro stick with you.
Quote by radio_schizo
I didn't say these were the only reasons, I was only joking about the first one but I definately think that some peoples upbringing have an effect on peoples view of sex. Like if you are brought up in a houshold that looks down on sex then it is going tro stick with you.

human nature would suggest that you'd want to go against what your parents teach. so what if religious people wait until after marriage to do it? it doesn't mean they're asexual until they do.
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Seth Shadows
I'm infact Asexual and alot of girls like me. So its not an excuse for not getting "laid", it just has alot to deal with pheremones and what you were born with.

/nerd.

EDIT: And it's NOT you dont find them physically attractive, its sexually atractive.

When did you realize you were asexual? and how did you know?
Is there something im missing? Isnt asexual something that reproduces by/with itself?

@SealCubMassacre, we all know why you'd rather hang with guise instead of bangin a chick
Quote by Preid
Is there something im missing? Isnt asexual something that reproduces by/with itself?

Read the link I just posted for gods sake.

I find I have months, sometimes even years of not being attracted to anyone, not even those I find attractive when I'm in a 'normal' period.
The Doctor from Doctor Who is asexual. Perhaps it's a Time Lord thing.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Preid

Unisexuality.
Quote by radio_schizo
When did you realize you were asexual? and how did you know?

Probably the fact that most of the other guys I hung out with talked about masturbation, morning erections and "poking that chick" constantly and I just never felt it. So I went to go get it checked out and I was born with little-to-none X pheremones.

X Pheremones are both in men and women. X pheremones give you the urge to basically **** a mailbox. High and strong most commonly In the male gender. Women have them, but most commonly not as high.

I suppose you could say its your sex drive.

(X meaning unknown factor due to pheremones not really named after one another.)
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I think it can stem from a number of things, for example, maybe fear of commitment orlow sex drive. Of course some people just don't see sex or relationships as a neccesity and have other things on their mind.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
nothing wierd about it,Paraphilia tho thats some heavy sh't
Too tired and lazy to bother with a sig, Sorry.
if you're born with it, i guess it's not that weird. i mean, down syndrome is weird, but you were born with it, it's not like you woke up one day and just decided "OMGOMGOMG I R WUNT DOWN SYNDRUM!".
Quote by rabidguitarist
Seems completely natural to me. I don't see why anyone would complain.

Because it's not natural.
It's natural for us to feel sexual attraction to assure the continuity of our species.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
Because it's not natural.
It's natural for us to feel sexual attraction to assure the continuity of our species.

Homosexuality doesnt really continue anything, yet it's a sexual attraction.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by radio_schizo
What are your opinions on asexuality? Do you think it is possible to be truly asexual or do you think it is just another excuse for people who can't get laid? or is someones lack of sexual attraction a result of poor parenting i.e. strict religious upbringing.

Thoughts?

According to my biology teacher if you were a hermaphrodite you cannot impregnate yourself.

EDIT: ooooooooh i though we were talking about asexual reproduction..
Quote by Guitar0player
Homosexuality doesnt really continue anything, yet it's a sexual attraction.

And it's not natural.
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for homosexuals and their rights and letting them marry and adopt kids.
But it's not natural.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

id love it if i was asexual, wud make things alot easier if i didnt drool over girls, cuz i cant get any anyway, but id say that its natural, just like any other sexuality
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Just looked up what it is, it seems fine
"F*ck the guitar solos!!" - Olli Vänskä

Quote by Capt_Clarkson
I dont know whats worse, you going out with a peadophile, or the fact you went to see Dragonforce
Err... DragonForce?

Happily married to SuperKoolKid
Quote by urik
And it's not natural.
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for homosexuals and their rights and letting them marry and adopt kids.
But it's not natural.

It's not really relevant.

Can you define "netural"?

And being asexual would be fun, that way my mom wouldnt scream around "where are my ****ing grand choldren?!"
Quote by Guitar0player
It's not really relevant.

Can you define "netural"?

And being asexual would be fun, that way my mom wouldnt scream around "where are my ****ing grand choldren?!"

From Dictionary.reference.com

"In conformity with the ordinary course of nature; not unusual or exceptional."

"Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature"

As you see, Asexuality is unnatural.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
From Dictionary.reference.com

"In conformity with the ordinary course of nature; not unusual or exceptional."

"Conforming to the usual or ordinary course of nature"

As you see, Asexuality is unnatural.

Well, maybe you got a point there....
Quote by Preid

What will they think of next?

You win... hands down

I think these guys should just stop hanging out with ugly ass chuds
i swear asexuality is when reproduction takes place with only one parent... or am i missing something?.. or maybe thats just the case if its Asexual REPRODUCTION? :S..

SOMEBODY TELL ME!
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Preid

@SealCubMassacre, we all know why you'd rather hang with guise instead of bangin a chick

I respect them, it's just their genes not their fault..but i just couldn't live without sex!
John also known as Knoyx
There's no such thing, because everyone wants to bang Henry Rollins.

I suppose it is possible to only be attracted to Henry Rollins though, which is pretty much the closest thing.
Quote by boreamor
Asexuality already happens in our bodies.

If you want an exact clone of yourself as a baby go for it.

Asexuality is not asexual reproduction.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Well, IMO, it's just celebecy.

And that's very common. Nuns and other Catholic leaders, in particular.

But it's nothing really uncommon, IMO.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Having TRULY no sexual desire whatsoever can only be seen as a fault. Seriously, a creature that doesn't want to pass on its genetic material. A harmful mutation.

/science view

Yeah, sure. Whatever, so long as they aren't otherwise boring pricks or the type who look down on you for making the odd comment etc.
i think some people have it, people have alot weirder things going on them being asexual.
I think it's perfectly believable that someone could actually have a lack of sexual attraction. I mean, it doesn't always have to be "an excuse" for someone who isn't getting laid.
tumblr twitter instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Page 1 of 2