We just went back in time.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23162712
This is not a joke.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
the witch hunts are back YAYAYAYAYAY!!! lol jk... maybe i should hide my metallica shirts... i might get hunted for em cuz there black lol
Quote by Union Jake

So anyway, now i'm here feeling rather dirty knowing that I just sat in a room with 3 other guys having a wank. I had to get it off my chest
Quote by fenderfreak101
Youre mom should have used the coat hanger to abort you as a fetus.

Douche bag.
That's disgusting that they refuse to acknowledge her pleas for a fair trial. But then again, we can't really do much, it's their country, isn't it? Unless G.W Bush gets in there before he leaves that damn oddly shaped office.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
If this is 1608, then happy first birthday Jackal.

Sorry, had to be done
Gentlemen, we cannot criticize the Islamic systems of law. Can we say the American system works when it has one of the highest rates of guncrime and murder in the world?

One tenth of the US will be arrested this year... That is not a successful system. I could be more damning but i don't wish to cause offense.
Quote by beadhangingOne
It's f*cking Saudi Arabia. What did you expect? Women are banned from driving there. That whole country is a piece of ****, and a complete joke.

That is typical, just typical.

Just because you don't know anything about the country you immediately damn it as being a bad evil, unholy place.

Give me a break.
Quote by dgme92
That's disgusting that they refuse to acknowledge her pleas for a fair trial. But then again, we can't really do much, it's their country, isn't it? Unless G.W Bush gets in there before he leaves that damn oddly shaped office.

are you kidding, Bush will probably retire there.
Quote by Kumanji
Gentlemen, we cannot criticize the Islamic systems of law. Can we say the American system works when it has one of the highest rates of guncrime and murder in the world?

One tenth of the US will be arrested this year... That is not a successful system. I could be more damning but i don't wish to cause offense.

Try again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21902

Really? So 35million Americans are going to jail this year? I don’t think so.

Quote by Kumanji
That is typical, just typical.

Just because you don't know anything about the country you immediately damn it as being a bad evil, unholy place.

Give me a break.

I am one of the most tolerant people on here. As a matter of fact I defend these people (Muslims) probably more so than any other user. But my tolerance has it’s limits. The rest of the world gave up this practice 300 years ago.
http://www.visualstatistics.net/East-West/Witch%20Trials/Witch%20Trials.htm
During early 18th century, the practice subsided. The last execution for witchcraft in England took place in 1716, when Mary Hicks and her daughter Elizabeth were hanged. Jane Wenham was among the last subjects of a typical witch trial in England in 1712, but was pardoned after her conviction and set free. However as late as 1944, Helen Duncan was the last person to be convicted under the British Witchcraft Act, authorities fearing that by her alleged clairvoyant powers she could betray details of the D-Day preparations. She spent nine months in prison. The Act was repealed in 1951.
Helena Curtens and Agnes Olmanns were the last women to be executed as witches in Germany, in 1738. In Austria, Maria Theresa outlawed witch-burning and torture in the late 18th century; the last capital trial took place in Salzburg in 1750. The last execution in Switzerland was that of Anna Göldi in 1782, at the time it was widely denounced as state-sponsored murder throughout Switzerland and Germany, and not technically a witch trial since explicit allegations of witchcraft were avoided in the official trial.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Witchcraft_and_Witch_Hunts

No I will not give you a break. I will attempt to enlighten you and provide information so you can modify your ignorance of the “facts” you are throwing out there. God forbid someone doesn’t think you are some type of an authority on any subject.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Burnnnn bitch!!!!! Durka durka Muhammed Jihad, durka durka durka allah!!!
Last edited by shred745 at Feb 14, 2008,
dude.

like a serious portion of the world still believes in witchcraft (africa, parts of asia and south america). it is just part of their culture, and is used as a way to explain things that they can not explain. sure the rejection of a fair trial is wrong, but saying that it is going back in time is taking such an ethnocentric viewpoint. just because the united states doesnt believe in witchcraft(anthough jewish space aliens are fine), it doesnt make it true for every culture. you cant judge a culture through the lens of your own culture, you have to understand it from within. saying "back in time" is like saying that your culture is better than another.

and before you dismiss everything i said by questioning my credentials and ignoring everything else: Anthropology 2, intoduction to cultural anthropology. im an anthropology major.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
dude.

like a serious portion of the world still believes in witchcraft (africa, parts of asia and south america). it is just part of their culture, and is used as a way to explain things that they can not explain. sure the rejection of a fair trial is wrong, but saying that it is going back in time is taking such an ethnocentric viewpoint. just because the united states doesnt believe in witchcraft(anthough jewish space aliens are fine), it doesnt make it true for every culture. you cant judge a culture through the lens of your own culture, you have to understand it from within. saying "back in time" is like saying that your culture is better than another.

and before you dismiss everything i said by questioning my credentials and ignoring everything else: Anthropology 2, intoduction to cultural anthropology. im an anthropology major.

There are many people in the US and throughout Europe that believe in witches as well.
The Wica movement is alive and well in the US. I am not denouncing anybodies belief system. I am well aware of their culture. I spent a year in the middle east. What I am shocked at is that 1 A "witch trial" was held any where in the world in the 21st century. 2 The convicted woman was denied legal representation. And 3 That this execution will most likely be carried out. The last execution for witchcraft in Saudi was
in 2005.
It just saddens me.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
There are many people in the US and throughout Europe that believe in witches as well.
The Wica movement is alive and well in the US. I am not denouncing anybodies belief system. I am well aware of their culture. I spent a year in the middle east. What I am shocked at is that 1 A "witch trial" was held any where in the world in the 21st century. 2 The convicted woman was denied legal representation. And 3 That this execution will most likely be carried out. The last execution for witchcraft in Saudi was
in 2005.
It just saddens me.

what im objecting to is you defining the 21st century as "the united states and western europe".

there are many many more cultures out there besides the white western viewpoint, and they are not wrong because they are different. like it or not, the world is not yet homogenized into clones of america. are african hunter gatherers not also in the 21st century? traditional chinese medicine? america is not the penultimate civilization, teleology was discounted long ago.

if you want to say that you are tolerant of other cultures, you can not judge them solely based on your own viewpoint. its insanely narcissistic, if not downright racist.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by shred745
Burnnnn bitch!!!!! Durka durka Muhammed Jihad, durka durka durka allah!!!

This is why I'm not surprised that 40% of Americans have an IQ of less than 100.