Someone wants to sell me a Jackson DKMG for $400. Is this a good guitar? It's an older model with the EMG HZ's, not the 81/85's that the new models come with. Anyway, it's a couple years old and in great condition according to him. Is $400 worth it? If not, I can try and see if he'll lower it.

Thank you.
Last edited by bryman at Feb 14, 2008,
$400.00 is a bit steep, it's a fine axe but it's a bolt on neck with passive emg's. I wouldn't pay that much for it unless that includes a hardshell case
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Its pretty good for a model with passive EMGs, as the ones with the better EMGS cost like £500 ($1000) new
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by bryman
Someone wants to sell me a Jackson DKMG for $400. Is this a good guitar? It's an older model with the EMG HZ's, not the 81/85's that the new models come with. Anyway, it's a couple years old and in great condition according to him. Is $400 worth it? If not, I can try and see if he'll lower it.

Thank you.

i dont think it is worth it..... for the same price you can get the dxmg which sounds like the same thing b/c that doesnt have active emgs in it either, and it would be brand new.... if i was you id save and get either a dk2m dinky, which has really nice seymour duncans in it, or a new dkmg with emgs....
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Yeah, 400 is a little on the high side. I have the non-trem version. HZ's don't sound the best, but you can jack up the gain with the onboard gain booster that only the old models have.

The guitar is pretty decent though. You can't really go wrong.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
I would say $300 is a fair price for it if it. If it has a hardcase, $350.
The DKMG's with active EMG's are $700 new. The DXMG's with passive EMG's are $500 new. So used for $400 is a rip off. I would talk him down.
Wow.. I didn't expect this many replies. Thank you everyone, you're a big help.

Would $300 be a good price, as CJRocker said?
Quote by bryman
Wow.. I didn't expect this many replies. Thank you everyone, you're a big help.

Would $300 be a good price, as CJRocker said?

300 sounds pretty good...
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
i have a dk2m im willing to sell 400 i got it dec im just looking to sell it