I posted a thread not to long ago about getting a bad ass 2 bridge and I will get one sometime but im not sure how soon. So until I get it I have to deal with this problem.

My g string saddle? lowers itself, I have to adjust it every few days. What can I do to stop it from doing that?

Also, I cant get the battery cover off my bass, the screws come out but I cant get the cover to budge to change the battery.
For the bridge, adjust it to your preferred height and put some locktite or perhaps some kind of superglue on it. Your other option would be to replace the saddle. For the battery cover, unscrew the cover and try to pry it off with a small flathead screwdriver.
This happens with my fender too but only when I slap and pop and as I dont do it very often its not much of a problem.

I think the screw in the saddle has probably stripped itself.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
You probably have stripped screws on that saddle. Just put something hard under it until you get the new bridge. It is sad to see basses with a folded tin plate with 13 holes (and 4 headless screws with three holes drilled in them as saddles) as a bridge.
Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string
Warwick Blue Cab 30 practice amp
Quote by thefitz
But hold on - you're debating on whether or not to buy a bass or keep your house? That's pretty fucking hardcore!
The bridge on my squier is better than the bridge on my fender, I thought about switching them but I dont want to screw my squier over with a bad bridge lol. I slap and pop often, quite aggressively too so thats probably why it happens so often. Locktite is a good idea, it should hold me over until I get a new bridge. Thanks guys, this forum has saved me so many trips to the local music store.

Oh I forgot about replaying about the battery, ive tried tons of small flat head screw drivers and nothing has worked. I might have to goto the local shop and have them take it off. I tried putting duct tape on the cover and pulled thinking the duct tape would help bring it up but no luck
Last edited by Miss G at Feb 14, 2008,
Is lock tite permanent?

I wouldnt do it. I'd just hold tight till you get the new bridge then keep the old one. If you ever coem to resell you will need the old bridge and it'd be better if it wasnt jammed with glue.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
just to clarify: Locktite: thread locker is not permanent, and neither is Locktite super glue for that matter. BUT I wouldn't use super glue on your bridge. I would use Locktite 222.... it holds well, but is easy to break if you need to adjust the saddle.
this seems like a common problem, it happens on my jazz too.

EDIT: I hope those are rotosounds
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
Line6 LD150Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
^ they are lol

What type of bridge is on your jazz bass? Ive heard of this problem happening to alot of the american vintage bridges (which is what is on my bass)
Have you considered moving the string to a thread less central than it is now? I dunno, maybe the string is pushing the saddle straight down, which might cause it to flatten like that. Perhaps, if you change the string spacing and move it a bit closer to either string height screw, the string won't push the saddle straight down, rather at a bit of an angle, which might cause the string height screws to stay put.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
my bass vibrates the saddle screws out of adjustment, too. a small drop of lock-tite will work just fine. ima thinkin' it's time for a BAII for my Jazz, also. lol
Quote by Miss G
What type of bridge is on your jazz bass? Ive heard of this problem happening to alot of the american vintage bridges (which is what is on my bass)

My bridge is just the Standard MIM...

Quote by 83lespaulstudio
my bass vibrates the saddle screws out of adjustment, too. a small drop of lock-tite will work just fine. ima thinkin' it's time for a BAII for my Jazz, also. lol

You dont have a BadAss II already? I thought they were standard on highway ones. Is yours one of the older versions?
A T-bird and a Big Muff in your GAS list!? Egad man, are you trying to kill me!?
Fender MIM Jazz Bass
^ thats what I was thinkin too. I thought Hwy 1's came witha BAII, but that might be the latest versions.
^^that's a bummer. im hoping to get one for my jazz soon. im just waiting to find a good one on ebay that already has grooves. my local repair guy just went out of business so I don't know where I would take it otherwise.
Fender MIM Jazz Bass