this isn't a beginner's thing or anything, i'm just wondering about something

my acoustic guitar came in the post today but it only has one strap button
the other one didn't fall off in the post or anything because there's no hole
is that normal?
how am i supposed to attach a strap with only one strap button?
Rockin' shit
Is it an acoustic guitar, or a classical?

If there's an actual 'button', as you call it (what else could it be called, though) then does your strap have sort of string at one end of it? If so, that will probably just go around the neck, before the strings come into contact with the nut.
I'm assuming the strap button is the one on the butt of the guitar, and not by the neck.

You get a strap that comes with a leather loop tie and it ties behind the nut at the far end of the neck.

'll see if I can find a picture of what I mean.

EDIT:

Like this guy has it:
Yeah, pretty much every acoustic has only a strap button at the bottom. The idea being you tie the other end around the headstock.(i.e. you need a strap with string at one end!) Personally I find this annoying, so I would put a strap button into the body myself.
there isn't a string on the strap, but i can always tie one on
so it's normal for it to only have one strap button? no need to send it back?
Rockin' shit
Quote by jimmyhotpants
there isn't a string on the strap, but i can always tie one on
so it's normal for it to only have one strap button? no need to send it back?

It is very normal.
Some music stores will install another strap button for you. They'll charge you, of course. I asked a guy at a store in Appleton, Wisconsin about it. They contract that sort of work out and it costs about $30. Another place was going to install one for me, free of charge...if I went ahead and bought the $500 Martin I was looking at.
^--$30 to install a strap button?

Anyways, threadstarter, you have two choices. Either buy a strap that ties on up around the headstock or install another strap button on the neck near where it joins the body.