Zoom MRS-8 digital portable studio (full recording kit) - $210 shipped

What it includes:

Zoom MRS-8 recorder w/ AC adapter, 1 GB SD card, user manual
SD card/USB dongle (to transfer files from the SD card to your computer)
Behringer XM8500 microphone
XLR mic cable (maybe 10' long)

Up for sale is a used Zoom MRS-8. It is in basically mint cosmetic condition and perfect functional condition.

The Zoom MRS-8 is a full-featured compact 8-track digital recorder with an incredible array of professional recording features including a fully programmable Drum/Bass Machine with touch-sensitive pads. The Drum/Bass machine is what REALLY separates this unit from most others recorders, as most recorders don't have such capabilities. And this beats the heck out of hooking up a drum machine as it's built right in; no fudging with timing it up right and whatnot as it starts right along with the click track.

Beyond the drums, the MRS-8 has a huge array of instrument, vocal and mastering effects and extensive digital editing capabilities. With 8 physical tracks, each with 10 Virtual-takes, you have up to 80 recording tracks to play with. The MRS-8 has 2-track simultaneous recording at an optional non-compressed, 16-bit linear, 44.1 sampling rate with 24-bit AD/DA resolution. It records to SD memory cards, currently compatible up to 1GB. This MRS-8 comes with a 1 GB SD card included, to get you on your creative way right out of the box. The 1 GB SD card will allow many, many full quality multi-track songs. Plus, you can easily transfer your tracks or fully mixed songs to your computer via the USB dongle.

The MRS-8 offers simultaneous playback of 8 audio tracks plus the drum and bass tracks. A Sequence Play function allows a number of songs to be played back continuously. A Dedicated Master Track is built-in, for mix-down, so there is no need for an external master recorder. Connection-wise, the MRS-8 has everything you need including a 1/4 in. Hi-Z input for Guitar, an XLR combo jack for an external microphone or line level signal, stereo RCA master outputs, headphone out, and MIDI out so MIDI Time Code or MIDI clock can be sent for synchronizing with external devices. Also, the MRS-8 comes with an amazing-sounding front panel mini-condenser microphone; it honestly sounds fantastic.

The MRS-8 is a complete compact recording studio, great for laying down ideas or complete multi-track CD quality music. This kit has honestly all you'll need to start making great sounding songs in no time.

I have some clips that I recorded on this thing somewhere. I can track them down if anyone wants to hear them. They basically demonstrate what the unit can record with putting no effort into setting it up (no fudging around with controls and whatnot...just plug and record).

Check out Zoom's website for full details:

http://www.zoom.co.jp/english/products/mrs8/

Here is more information on the mic:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-XM8500-Microphone?sku=270490

It's a cheap little mic (pricewise), but it honestly sounds fantastic. I've used it to record both electric and acoustic guitar, and I found the quality to be great. In fact, I've compared it against Shure SM58's, and the sound quality is suprisingly very close.

PM me if you're interested.

Paypal/USPS money orders accepted.

Pics will be up soon.
Last edited by Florbastang at Feb 24, 2008,
would you be willin to take any trades my friend
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard
Schecter c1 hellraiser fr (Tremelo-NO)

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
check ure pms
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
I am really really interested in this

Heres what i have too trade..

Weaping Demon Wah..Great Condition
Beringher Rack Reverv/Delay Other Multi Fx
Ive got A boss ns2
A presonus Audio Interface/preamp mint in box...used 2 times
thats worth about 200

idk i would really like this my friend
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
well all i have left is my audio preface

my presouns inspire

would you take that
Guitars-
Gibson SG Standard

Amp-
5150 Custom
Marshall 1960a Lead

Effects-
Boss Ns2
EH Holy Stain
Boss Sd2
Ernie Ball Vol Jr
Digitech Digi Delay
Korg Rack Tuner
Furman Power Con
BBE Sonic Max
Quote by RabbitGuitarist
well all i have left is my audio preface

my presouns inspire

would you take that

Well, that's worth about $60 or so used (according to completed sales on eBay), assuming you still have everything that came with it.

So, I suppose I could do the Presonus plus $150 (Paypal or USPS MO) for the Zoom setup. Let me know. PM me.
Would you be interested in a Ibanez RG350DX?
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by Whtitistobrn29
what if i just sent u the $230?

What do you mean? If you sent me the money, I'd send you the kit. That's how buying/selling works (no offense, I'm just confused).
ik lol everyone was just willing to trade something, so i said would u rather just have the money
Quote by Whtitistobrn29
ik lol everyone was just willing to trade something, so i said would u rather just have the money

Well, I'd prefer the cash straight up, but I'll consider trades.

Anyway, the price has been dropped to $210 shipped.
ok so im pretty sure im gonna take it
one last thing tho...is there anything else i would need ot buy or od to my comp to have to transfer songs to the computer/itunes?