so it's always said that cranked tube sounds best b/c the tubes breakup naturally

so what i do w/ my randall (when in bedroom) is turn the master to a lil less than half and then the seperate modules each have a master volume knob. i dial THEIR knobs down to reasonable levels.

does taking down the master volume for each seperate module affect the actual tone, or am i doing it right?

i figured that was the reason each seperate module had a master volume, so i could crank the OVERALL master of the amp, getting that natural breakup, while dialing down the module master volumes in order to keep it reasonable in my house.

thanx for clarification!!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well it depends. If you have pre-amp tubes, dime the channel volumes. The breakup will come from that, and sound nice at a reasonable level. This was why the master volume was brought into amps. If you don't have a pre-amp tube and its a solid state into a tube power amp (i don't know why, but I've seen it) then let the power tubes give the breakup by keeping the channel volume down.
Turning up the master won't accomplish much if the signal being sent from the pre-amp is quiet. Keep the master volume low and crank the pre-amp as much as you can without destroying all life within a fifty foot radius.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
alrite thank you both i'm sorry for the ingorance i had it backwards!!!

it's ALL tube btw
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
i get the most power amp distortion from turning all volumes up, lol. if you turn any too low, you might not get power amp distortion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Archeo Avis
Turning up the master won't accomplish much if the signal being sent from the pre-amp is quiet. Keep the master volume low and crank the pre-amp as much as you can without destroying all life within a fifty foot radius.

I lold

What that guy says^ myne usually breaks up about 2-3 on the master volume
lol my amp really could wipe out some existance, or possibly.....even create NEW life....yes...it is THAT orgasmic !!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH