Page 1 of 3
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Hello everyone.

Here is a place to boast about the famous punks you have met.

I have met East Bay Ray and Jeff Penalty and DH Peligro. Funny story, I grabbed ray's hand and wouldn't let go, which didn't help the old man's arthiritis.

This week we met Josh Homme from Queens of the Stone Age, and I shook his hand.

Sound boring?

Well lemme tell you Jimmy, Josh Homme's hand has been up Brody Dalle's clunge, so by the transitive property, I've touched Brody Dalle's clunge.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by GreenDayChris
Paul Simonon

Go on, post the pic, you know you want to
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,485 IQ
I met Dick from Citizen Fish outside of a sold out LoC/Citizen Fish show. It was pretty interesting, he was a cool guy, and it was funny because he was hauling gear inside, and some random chick that was with the show told Dick to "Dick, you need to go do this." And so he went and grabbed some stuff and hauled it inside. Just interesting.

I met Dave Dictor. I was sitting in front of the MDC merch table trying to decide what to buy. Dave was standing next to me, talking to the guy at the table. He got into a discussion about how he should jack off before the show started, and he suggested that he should jack off into a cup and drink his cum.

I told him that I loved him, and that it was great to meet him. Interesting conversation really.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
ss311
Bertrand Russell
4,096 IQ
Billy, a guy who used to go on tour with the Exploited. He also played with Swine Flu.
ValoRhoads
Knight of The Phrygian
1,850 IQ
I met Jerry Only, Michael Graves, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstien and Dr. Chud of the Misfits right before that incarnation split up. I don't know if they still qualify as punk (or really if they ever did) I just know some people call them punk and they were cool as hell!
Graves was a little out of it but from what I understand that's just how he is. Damn cool night, thanks for bringing that memory to mind!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Ramco
The Insanity Plaguing UG
256 IQ
I've met myself, and I consider myself to be pretty punx.
Originally posted by Neon Knight
Ramco i worship you and your awesome comment \m/
hooligan07
hooligan07
911 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Hello everyone.

Here is a place to boast about the famous punks you have met.

I have met East Bay Ray and Jeff Penalty and DH Peligro. Funny story, I grabbed ray's hand and wouldn't let go, which didn't help the old man's arthiritis.

Sound boring?

Well lemme tell you Jimmy, Josh Homme's hand has been up Brody Dalle's clunge, so by the transitive property, I've touched Brody Dalle's clunge.

brian with that logic if youve touched brody dalle's clunge you've also touched tim armstrong's thunderstick
mike2
967 IQ
Dick Lucas of subhumans
the leadsinger of the street brats, don't remember his name...

um...idk...i'm not really into meeting bands, it gives them this holier than thou feel, like some kind of God, and this is punk rock, not some type of arena show.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
StreetLight3989
1,950 IQ
I haven't really met a lot of punk legends except for some local bands, who aren't punk legends.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Sound boring?

Well I have shaken her hand...and I'm like, 120% sure thats been up her clunge, too.

I have a hard time calling any punk famous unless their last name is Armstrong or Strummer...but (this is not punk) the singer who did the song Delilah (the one on the radio every 5 minutes) started talking to me and a friend at one of their concerts and like started patting my head because I guess I said something funny.

But this was before they were on the radio, so I guess it doesn't count (and because I hate their music haha. But they were very polite)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I_Pwn
is gonna find you
2,803 IQ
Joe Queer. Al Barr from the Dropkick Murpheys. The guitarist from the Unseen. Those guys are all from around here.
brnh.bandcamp.com
misfitsdisciple
Punk Rocker
862 IQ
I've met Dick Lucas from Subhumans/Citizen Fish at a Citizen Fish/LoC show in Orlando Florida, it was pretty neat. I enjoyed it, he was a really nice guy.

Met a bunch of guys at the Fest 6 in Gainesville, that was good.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
BostonLacrosse
HEY SUBURBIA!!
333 IQ
well ive hung out with Big D and the kids table before down in south carolina, Thaddeus Merrit and Obi from Westbound train plenty of times, i shook hands with Josie Outlaw from The A.K.A's and talked to her for a little while after their set, Ive met the MC Bat commander from the Aquabats, and Al Barr came into my theater, where i work, one time with his wife/girlfriend which was pretty cool

but i think thats about it for famous punks/ska musicians that i have met
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

Well I have shaken her hand...and I'm like, 120% sure thats been up her clunge, too.

I have a hard time calling any punk famous unless their last name is Armstrong or Strummer...but (this is not punk) the singer who did the song Delilah (the one on the radio every 5 minutes) started talking to me and a friend at one of their concerts and like started patting my head because I guess I said something funny.

But this was before they were on the radio, so I guess it doesn't count (and because I hate their music haha. But they were very polite)

awesome, I'd give my right nut to meet Tom Jones!
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
awesome, I'd give my right nut to meet Tom Jones!

Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie

I'm not sure if it was a member of the band, but when I was at warped somebody yelled at me to listen to Plain White T's. This was 4 years before they got famous
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by element4433
I'm not sure if it was a member of the band, but when I was at warped somebody yelled at me to listen to Plain White T's. This was 4 years before they got famous

It most likely was.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
GreenDayChris
UG's Orgasm Addict
808 IQ
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Go on, post the pic, you know you want to

Go on then, just for you:

That's my brother on the left
Signing my pickguard:

Signature:

And for extra fun, me pissed with short hair:
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
The Real AJ
281 IQ
Jorge and Jake of the Casualties
All of Anti-Flag
All of Rise Against
I also met Aaron Gillespe once. but hes not punk. he was skipping and hey was like hey, and i was like hey. that was basically it
RizzoWashburn
Unregistered User
283 IQ
I wish I could transitively touch Brody Dalle's clunge
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur
2,962 IQ
Quote by RizzoWashburn
I wish I could transitively touch Brody Dalle's clunge

You should jump on that. We have a club. We have t-shirts. People want to be us.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
crustyreed
493 IQ
Bitty from wartorn
dave trenga (behind enemy lines/aus rotten)
Dan (profane existence, zine, label, distro)
Protestant guitarist (forgot his name embarrasing) John i think it is.

and a bunch of local bands that you could or could not consider popular.
BrianApocalypse
Prozac Junkie
7,782 IQ
Quote by waterproofpie
You should jump on that. We have a club. We have t-shirts. People want to be us.

original=punk
Banned
2,482 IQ
Quote by StreetLight3989
I haven't really met a lot of punk legends except for some local bands, who aren't punk legends.

+1 never met anyone really, only person I'd really want to meet like uber much is Mr Rollins, other than that, i'm pretty good.
whyvern
jet skis on the reg
3,296 IQ
I tripped over Iggy Scam when he stayed at my house.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
I briefly met Henry Rollins. I saw him on his spoken word tour a couple of years ago, and I was walking out back of the venue when I saw him come out. Didn't get an autograph or anything, but talked for a couple of minutes about the show and asked him about the old Black Flag stuff.

I left, and immediately remembered that I had wanted to ask him whether or not he thought he could kick Danzig's ass using only his neck.

For punkers I'd like to meet, I really want to meet Klaus Flouride. And get him to sell me a copy of Because I Say So. The stuff available on his website has absolutely captivated me (especially Akiko) but that album is ****ing impossible to find.
no
Mav-16
UG Senior Member
372 IQ
the singer from the unseen and the singer of fang

thats... about it
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
radio_schizo
don't look now
2,833 IQ
I chatted to Knox from The Vibrators. He's a real nice guy.

Stza from Leftover Crack asked me what good bands were on at a festival. At the time I didn't recognize him but later that afternoon I saw him and his band play.

The singer from **** Sparrer randomly turned up to at a friends house party I was at in my town. He lived next door.

I stood next to Hugh Cornwall from the Stranglers but was too star struck to say anything

I walked past Animal from the Anti-knowher Leage once. He is massive!

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything.
cherry_bomb
just a minor threat
12 IQ
hm I only met time again. Some locals too, but they arent famous, so..
And ohyeah Justin Sane patted my head, I dont know why.
also, the guitarist from the Casualties was sitting across, he waved at me. yeah, i feel punk right now.
soymilk please <3
LeftoverJared
Super Saiyan
166 IQ
ive met the unseen, jake from the casualties, mike from mxpx, pat from anti flag
the guitarist from the unseen gave me his can of water because i told him how thirsty i was
Last edited by LeftoverJared at Feb 15, 2008,
Fuzzbox91
UGs only Diamond Head fan
3,736 IQ
I met Charlie Harper (UK Subs) he got smashed and just wandered into the audience and started talking to people. He was actually quite legible and balanced for the amount of beers he had. he talked about how many gigs he played a year (200+) and stuff like that. That guy was awesome. i also Met Jerry Only (newfits unfortunatly) nothing really personal, just signed my t-shirt and said "thanks for supporting the misfits) i cant even find that T-shirt anymore.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
LeftoverJared
Super Saiyan
166 IQ
i just realized something

Quote by Adam_Harrison9
pat thetic,

pathetic

wonder if thats his real name O_O