Im 17 now, and I can't even remember how long ago it was when getting songs off of napster was free. Was it like Itunes in the sense that its a legitimate download with all of the song information and whatnot? I don't really remember being into music that much back then, but my sister was flipping out downloading stuff when she heard it was getting shut down. How much did you guys download? (if at all)
/discuss
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by revisited77
with free napster you could download stairway to heaven by jimi hendrix.

that basically tells you everything about what it was like
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Like Limewire,with a pretty cool mascot.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I think i do remember having to switch around a bunch of track info
how many songs did everyone get before it was made un-free
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
It was awesome, library, chat rooms, media players, and all the crappy pop a 12 year old could ever want.

Awesome.

/nostalgia
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
it was really sketchy, you could download what was labelled "Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix and it would wind up being like the Mommas and the Pappas California Dreaming or something and you never got artwork or anything like that. It was cool but very unreliable.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by ValoRhoads
it was really sketchy, you could download what was labelled "Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix and it would wind up being like the Mommas and the Pappas California Dreaming or something and you never got artwork or anything like that. It was cool but very unreliable.

Lol, this brings back memories. Half the fun was downloading the same song 5 times and then ending up with 2-3 new songs you liked better.
Oh Shit!