I wanna get some new pickups fro my Epiphone Les Paul Standared but i do not klnow what they are called. NAME not type cos i no there humbuckers. Also, could you suggest some good affordable humbuckers to replace the stock ones with?
Are there two questions here? The stock pickups are made by Epiphone. Or at least that's the name on them. There are many different makers out there. BUT, before you replace them, tell us why you want to replace them and what you like to play. But most importantly, what is your current amp?
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
marshall 15 watt. iv tried it on my m8s 50 watt and it sounds alright. im aiming to buy maybe a 50 watt or higher in the future. i used my Boss MEtal Core distortion pedal on it. i just wanna a btr tone. my pickups are gd but i jus wanna upgrade. i listen to mainly metal like Arch Enemy and Children Of Bodom but also some hard rock like Lordi and ozzy
Pickups aren't going to change anything, save your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
course they r. they make a lot of difference along with a btr amp
no, they won't - you're at least 2 amp upgrades away from pickups coming into the equation...that and ditching the Metalcore.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
no, they won't - you're at least 2 amp upgrades away from pickups coming into the equation...that and ditching the Metalcore.

+1
Quote by steven seagull

+1/2, Depends on the upgrade
Quote by bartdevil_metal
+1/2, Depends on the upgrade

I'm guessing that the next amp will be at best a decent modelling combo or a small tube amp. That means no money for pickups until the next one!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by leony03
marshall 15 watt. iv tried it on my m8s 50 watt and it sounds alright. im aiming to buy maybe a 50 watt or higher in the future. i used my Boss MEtal Core distortion pedal on it. i just wanna a btr tone. my pickups are gd but i jus wanna upgrade. i listen to mainly metal like Arch Enemy and Children Of Bodom but also some hard rock like Lordi and ozzy

I don't think he should spend the money on an amp, he should just buy Hooked on Phonics...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by leony03

Since when the Prince of Darkness get demoted to "hard rock"? He practically started metal.

Anyway, don't upgrade to the 50 watt MG. That's NOT an upgrade.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Since when the Prince of Darkness get demoted to "hard rock"? He practically started metal.

Anyway, don't upgrade to the 50 watt MG. That's NOT an upgrade.

Oh he went there...
Well, it's an upgrade, simply not a worthwhile one. And TS upgrading your amp will make a larger impact on your tone, than upgrading your pickups will at this stage..
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I don't think he should spend the money on an amp, he should just buy Hooked on Phonics...

+1
lol
Steven Seagull was right. You are in serious need of a new amp. Since you play hard rock and metal, I would say I 6505 or maybe an XXX but I'm guessing that you do not have lots of money to throw around. So you should get a Roland cube. But if you have cash get a high gain tube amp.
thx dudes for ur comments. ozzy sounds like hard rock wen i heard it. im only 15 and only bin listenin to him for a while. i prob will get a bigger amp but im not sure yet which one. im wont ditch the metal core in a millions years. best distortion iv heard and it fits with my genre of music
Quote by steven seagull
I'm guessing that the next amp will be at best a decent modelling combo or a small tube amp. That means no money for pickups until the next one!

:O When did you become mod?!
congrats.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by leony03
thx dudes for ur comments. ozzy sounds like hard rock wen i heard it. im only 15 and only bin listenin to him for a while. i prob will get a bigger amp but im not sure yet which one. im wont ditch the metal core in a millions years. best distortion iv heard and it fits with my genre of music

exactly, you're 15.

you've got plenty of time ahead of you to hear the multitude of distortion sounds that piss all over the mediocre pedal you currently have.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

O.O you got owned leon, you got owned

and also, had to say this, but th15 15nt r00n3sc4p3. 1t5 a gu1t4r f0rum. dnt tlk liek dis.

in the nicest way possible

oh and on topic, i dont know why you're considering new pickups, you need an amp first, then a new guitar altogether. the pickups on your LP are fine for what you play, its the amp.