6 50%
Randall RX120DHS
1 8%
VOX AD50VT2-XL
1 8%
Spider III 120
1 8%
Voters: 12.
OK I am look for people that have experience with this AMP.

I am not gigging, just playing for fun. I have only been playing for a year and want to get rid of my Line 6 Spider III 30. I have played the VOX and like the sound but would like to hear other opinions on it and possibly the following. I play pretty much everything but more blues, Rock and Heavy Metal then anything. I won't do Country and Western

Peavey 112
Randall RG50TC
Randall RX120DHS
VOX AD50VT2-XL
Spider III 120

theDogger
---------------
ESP/LTD 200QM
ESP/KH202
Spider III 30
Last edited by theDogger at Feb 14, 2008,
No to the Vox XL, out of the list, The RG50TC is the best. god i wish i hadnt gotten rid of it
"F*ck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may." -

Tyler Durden
Don't get the vox, it's incredibly muddy, the distortion sounded harsh and the ampmodells sounded almost the same. It would be a waste of money.
The randal rg50tc seems to be your best bet here. Just make sure that you try before you buy.
I've owned that Vox AD50 scince i was first playing.

its a great amp, and i'd have to say go for it over the spider or peavey. dont know much about randalls though...

it tends to be a bassy amp, but i use my boss me-50 with it and it sounds amazing

though i still prefer my Rev. Jr...

its loud enough that could do small gigs and whatever, but its a PERFECT bedroom amp, like you said you want.

for its price, its an amazing amp. works for any style you can think of, with all the like...10? preamp channels.

hope that helps
Wishlist:
ESP Eclipse II classic Black
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

Apparently you dropped out of high school, you damn stripper.
Quote by rancidryan
the spider will have like 400 presets .perfect.

its also incredibly solid state............

one of the only damn things that GC stocks.

vox > line 6
Wishlist:
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

so? if he s just gonna use it in bedroom it would be god loads of presets 4 channels you can choose good foot pedals for it......
if hes looking for a bedroom amp he doesnt need a bajillion tonal options. the vox covers like everything with the ton of preamps its got. plus a better price then the spider last time i checked
Wishlist:
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

well, have you used one? if he s already got a spider then he might as well upgrade to a better one its so much easier just being able to flip through the four channels instead of having to change round stuff every time.
Quote by rancidryan
the spider will have like 400 presets .perfect.

NONONONONO! They will all suck.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Last edited by Zero_Mike at Feb 14, 2008,
Stop arguing about the spider and the vox. The spider sucks, the vox is slightly better, but for the price it sucks too.

TS you might want to check out the peavey jsx mini collossal if you are only playing in your bedroom.
WOW that was some quick responses.

TS you might want to check out the peavey jsx mini collossal if you are only playing in your bedroom.

Well I am in my 3rd,4th or is it 5th childhood @ 37 yr of age and I want it loud enough to piss the neighbors OFF! I live in a Culdsack and 1 of my neighbors gigs and can really jam. When he hears me he kicks in and its pretty fun!

This last 4th of July he pulled out his stack and played the National Anthem! Was sweet!

Question about the Peavey everything that I have read says that the speak suxks and the tube need to get changed out?

theDogger
The spider is superior to the XL, but they are both worse than anything else listed.
Quote by rancidryan
well, have you used one? if he s already got a spider then he might as well upgrade to a better one its so much easier just being able to flip through the four channels instead of having to change round stuff every time.

he also said he wants to get rid of it!!!!
and yeah, i have. wasnt too impressed.
Wishlist:
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

Quote by theDogger
WOW that was some quick responses.

Well I am in my 3rd,4th or is it 5th childhood @ 37 yr of age and I want it loud enough to piss the neighbors OFF! I live in a Culdsack and 1 of my neighbors gigs and can really jam. When he hears me he kicks in and its pretty fun!

This last 4th of July he pulled out his stack and played the National Anthem! Was sweet!

Question about the Peavey everything that I have read says that the speak suxks and the tube need to get changed out?

theDogger

for a SS, this vox has power. i've REALLY turned it up a few times, and it knocked some pictures of my wall. no lie. ^_^

you wont be disapointed
Wishlist:
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

also about the peaveys..i want an XXX...but i hear the tubes arnt to reliable in them.

rumomrs? xD
Wishlist:
Peavy XXX
Boss RC-50

Quote by DCshredder
for a SS, this vox has power. i've REALLY turned it up a few times, and it knocked some pictures of my wall. no lie. ^_^

you wont be disapointed

you could do that with anyh amp, yeah he said he wanrted to get rid of it. but he still put the spider as an option also the 120 kicks ass has a lot of power one of my favourite module sounds and is so easy to use!!!
I've had the Vox for quite some time and I'm extremely happy with it, I think it sounds great, even for being mostly solid state, and its good for people who don't stick to any particular genre (like me). I'd say give it a run in GC or some other place. I also like Valvekings, if I didn't get the Vox I would've gotten the Valveking.
Sir! You've been given some good advice here. Go try the Mini Colossal. It blows all of the amps you have listed out of the water. Waking up the neighbors is great, but I cannot say enough good things about the Mini Colossal. You owe it to yourself to try one.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.