Hey guys, you have yet to steer me wrong thus far, and so I come to you with another amp question. I am currently using an old Fender Champion 110, not great. I usually play on my acoustic because I can't stand my amp. When I do use it, there are obviously loose wiring issue coming into play, causing the amps volume to fluctuate and crackle as I play with the volume knob or the mids knob. Long story short, I figure this is a good excuse to get a new amp.

I will be playing strictly in my dorm room. I will NOT be gigging. I will NOT be jamming. I will NOT be taking this amp anywhere. I figure a 5w tube would be perfect. I am looking at the Palomino V8 at the moment. My issue is purely tonal. I could care less about the volume, it most likely won't be turned up past 5. I'm worried that at such a low price I would be getting a far inferior tone out of it, even though it is a tube amp.

I will be playing through a decent SSS strat copy, that I am for the most part happy with. I play mostly blues, alternative, classic rock, and grunge. I sometimes drift into some metal, but not often enough to base the decision on it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Valve junior? Or balckheart, The palomina doesn't react to volume or dynamics as nice as I'd like
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Look at a Blackheart combo. Also, Fender has an amp similar to their Super Champ XD, but only 5 or 10w. It has straight tube tone, as well as some EQ presets for alot of different sounds.
blackheart bh5 112 5 w 1x12. so you can still venture into metal and have great tone. i'm getting one myself soon i tired it out. it gets pretty loud too just keep the bass low for higher volume other than that it's awesome. under 300$ too
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
If none of these work, wait a couple months, and buy a Blackheart Little Ant!
1 watt tube.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
try a peavey royal 8 maybe?
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
That little giant is looking pretty sweet right now. To get some heavier tones I would need to run an OD pedal I assume?
I agree that the Blackhearts look promising, but I bet that more than half of the people on here have tried them.

The palomino's are very sexy, but I would get a used, made in America one. They are much sturdier and have a better tone IMO.
ya you would definately need od ped for the Black heart
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club