Ok I decided to go against buying expensive pickups and just getting cheap ones from GFS. I'm just doing this for cosmetic reasons since I got an HH Mother of Pearl Strat Pickguard (gift) and I really want in on my Stat rip off, perfect fit too.

So I know I need tone\audio pots but which ones? I'll be getting them from GF too http://store.guitarfetish.com/guelco.html I e-mailed him and he said the 500k pots, but the only 500k ones are long shaft And he also mentioned a .022uf...what's that?

Also can audio pots be used for both tone and volume? lol
Quote by Steel8909
Ok I decided to go against buying expensive pickups and just getting cheap ones from GFS. I'm just doing this for cosmetic reasons since I got an HH Mother of Pearl Strat Pickguard (gift) and I really want in on my Stat rip off, perfect fit too.

So I know I need tone\audio pots but which ones? I'll be getting them from GF too http://store.guitarfetish.com/guelco.html I e-mailed him and he said the 500k pots, but the only 500k ones are long shaft And he also mentioned a .022uf...what's that?

Also can audio pots be used for both tone and volume? lol

500k pots are what you need - you need short-shafted pots though as long-shafted pots are used on LP-styled guitars or anything where there isn't a pickguard, really.
The .022uf is a capacitor, which is used for your tone controls.
Use this site to find what wiring you want, then use the diagram from there.
EDIT: You can use audio/logarithmic/A curve pots for volume and tone, it's not too important.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Aren't 250k pots generally what is used for single coils, being less bright? I used 250k in my strat replacing the 250's that came stock.
Fender MIM Strat
Stephens Design Mojos
Analogman Silver TS-9
Teese RMC 2 Wah
Blues Jr.
Microcube
Quote by Diggs
Aren't 250k pots generally what is used for single coils, being less bright? I used 250k in my strat replacing the 250's that came stock.

He said he got a new HH pickguard, so I'm assuming he has two humbuckers in the guitar.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Ya it will be a super strat like guitar when I'm done with it. Power Rail in the bridge and a fat paf in the neck.

Thx Random Hero.