I seem to be really insecure when I play guitar. I just can't enjoy myself because I guess I just realized that I care too much what people think. I always have to play with my amp turned really low so no one can hear. I'm alright at playing I don't think I suck but this is really getting to me. Do you ever feel this way about playing?
Well, it;s just confidence really.

Build it up and you're off!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I have the same thing.
I believe that volume isn't key, when my tone is right, I feel more confident with my playing
Playing since december 2004
Quote by BloodMoon666

*sports commentator voice*
And this thread is over!

Wonderful match by TS but in the end simply overwhelmed by the pure skill and simplicity of unfluffed. A true professional in action.
that happens when i play the drums, i also play the guitar, but i play low because i dont like bothering the neighbours or distracting people outside, some people just keep staring to my window and not because i play badly it's because nobody plays guitar in my zone
turn up your amp. you'll feel uncomfortable at first, but you'll have to get used to what other people think sometime or another. i used to be the same way but i've gotten over it for the most part. still can't play live without getting nervous though.
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
I had this till this year when I finally clocked it that I'm quite good.

But I also agree with the guy above who said it's about tone. When I was using my mg15 *shudders* I'd play quietly, but with my 5150 I usually get told to turn down.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by killbox2490
I seem to be really insecure when I play guitar. I just can't enjoy myself because I guess I just realized that I care too much what people think. I always have to play with my amp turned really low so no one can hear. I'm alright at playing I don't think I suck but this is really getting to me. Do you ever feel this way about playing?

When I was still a n00blet to guitar, yeah I kept it down and just noodled pentatonic all the time. Then I started listening to AC/DC, KISS, and Van Halen. That's when things started getting loud. Just the attitude these band's guitarists brought to the table got meto crank it up. Now I keep it around the mid-volume because my transistor craps out with sound quality at around 8.
hue
I used to feel this way, but I had a problem that everytime I played in front of others who played guitar I wouldn't play as good as if I was all alone. I dont know why though, but when I'm by myself I can play eruption almost to perfection, but in front of others I **** up the easiest parts for some reason. So just be as confident as possible and let everyone around you know that you are the ****.lol
wow....i dont care what people think of my playing....I like my playing. YOU don't have to.
Quote by killbox2490

Listen, Killbox2490, I don't know what kind of music you are playing here, but my biggest piece of advice: turn your amp up and blow out all your windows. Seriously. We all suck at guitar when we start, but we get better at it.