I'm going to buy a warwick corvette!!
I played a std bubinga at the music store the other day and it was really sweeeet, but my sight is set on the warwick $$, but since I haven't found any single music store what so ever in travel range that got one, and I would love to try one out before I buy it since it is atleast a little expensive. But it seems kinda hard atm so I thought that maybe anyone here have tested both and can tell what the differances are and which one is to prefer, + and - between them.
Plays mostly metal and rock, but it would be cool if it was good for slap, tap etc to
But most important is which one that is to prefer for metal

Hope anyone got some heplful comments
thanks in advance
Pantera!!
dime
I'd go for the standard, for metal. Yeah, the $$ has massive humbuckers, but the singles really bring out the warwick 'growl' for which they're really well-known. Plus, for metal, I prefer the bubinga body over the swamp ash. I'd go for the 5 string, and get the active one if possible.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Std bubinga all the way. I have a custom one, and love it to bits.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Std bubinga all the way. I have a custom one, and love it to bits.

What did you custom order on that baby? And how much was that?

TS I think if your getting a 5 string w/active electronics, thats all you need.
Quote by IndianRockStar
What did you custom order on that baby? And how much was that?

TS I think if your getting a 5 string w/active electronics, thats all you need.

Custom fretboard wood (ebony). Cost £50 extra. Got me a free £100 flight case though, so all is good.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
ok thx for the answers, think I'll do as you sugest and buy the std bubinga corvette before the $$
Pantera!!
dime
yes. i played the $$ at GC and while i never expect their stuff to be set up well that has nothing to do with tone. and the tone was nothing to be happy about. i own 4 basses and only 1 has single coils so i'm not a humbucker hater. that bass just wasn't meant to have them.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I mean, the $$ are not bad basses. I just find that everything else about the bass shines through single coils, while humbuckers muffle it a bit. I don't care if you can split the coils. 1 of the 2 coils in a humbucker doesn't sound half as good as a dedicated single coil pickup.

Quote by elliott FTW

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1