i'm looking for a good but cheap one, i want a metal tone, i was thinking the shecter stilleto studio , is that worth it?
i was looking into amps 2...i was looking into an ampeg, should i go for a new bass or the amp, my bass amp sux, but so dosen't my bass...i can't decide
Get whichever you feel you need most. I think the bass you were looking at is pretty good and Ampeg make pretty good amps from what I've heard.
Don't just go for ampeg straight off the bat. Shop around, try and find something that you like, as opposed to something you hear is good from other people. Ampegs seem to have that "ferrari" effect- people will buy it for the name only without exploring other options.
SWR makes some nice combos... brutal sounding. Also... im a diehard Spector fan... but I played my friends Schecter diamond series... that thingg rocked
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Don't just go for ampeg straight off the bat. Shop around, try and find something that you like, as opposed to something you hear is good from other people. Ampegs seem to have that "ferrari" effect- people will buy it for the name only without exploring other options.

+1. Ampegs have a rather distinctive "round sound" (its the only way I can describe it). There are quite a few people that don't like this particular twist on their tone and you may be one of them. And the newer BA series combos are a bit underpowered imho, though they have that distinctive sound.

And with a First Act, I would actually say you are better off upgrading your bass first.
i'd go with the schecter studio. they're good. but i'd still play around. since you got a first act set up now. pretty much anything would be better. thats INCLUDING ROGUE! lol

i'll agree with not having ampegg as your first good amp. they are really round sounded. they do have the name status, but SWR's sound alot better IMO.

Id just shop around, really. you might find something better that fits you more.
personally id go with the amp first. SWR is great, as is yorkville in my opinion.
Im not a huge fan of ampeg...very underpowered.