ok i dont know wether this is a stupid questions or not but i really dont care

ive been working on some punk and it really starting to irratate me when i hear those solos they do not really solos but you know those little in betweens riffs and there just really out there piercing in your ears cutting through the drums and rythym
how do you acomplish that do i need certain pick up or a pedal please advice me it would be much apreciated

thanks

oh and im taling UK subs, Cheap Sex, GBH you know the "underground"lol

baisicly i want something to make me cut through
what can help me do that
Last edited by the-kid66 at Feb 14, 2008,
well yah no ****
i dont have a JVM or anything like that but i got a pretty descent amp bettor than most
its an all tube fender from the 80's
EQ pedal, use it to ramp up the mids.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
****ing dumb, dumb me
havent even tought about that but the thing is that it compramises the tone in generall if i bring the mids really high the thing is
that i play rythym and lead some other guy plays bass we got a drummer and a frontman
if i bring the mids up then the rythym part would sound awfull
so thats why i was thinking a pedal would solve that problem you keep the rythym nice and good and when i need to cut through stomp on the pedal the thing is i dont know what kinda pedal i should get
TBH your mids should be pretty high anyway - in the world of guitar no mids=no tone. The guitar is a midrange instrument - if you want it to be heard you need mids, if you want it to be heard more you need more mids.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
cool ok thanks
ive decided to compramise i left the mids at 5 and brougt the treble up to 8.5 and the bass at 7 to give it a fatter sound when im doing the rythym its crazy how the sound changes so much by just bringing the treble up from 7 to 8.5 now i can be heard through i cut through now if anything im ganna go with what some other guy said and get an EQ pedal to boost up treblle because thats what i seem to need