I am currently playing a BC Rich metal master guitar, I have had it for 2 and 1/2 years it's a good guitar, but time has kinda taken its toll and I need to upgrade. I need something with a kick ass tremlo system, something that won't come un-tuned if you wank the hell out of it. I also need it to sound good and most of all I have about 700$ cash to spend. I recently was going to buy an assassin, but the shipping factory can;t get any from the factory that makes them. I won't be able to get one until March 28, + the time it takes to ship a couple of weeks, I am getting impatient nonetheless. Should I wait or do you have any suggestions to which new guitar I should by. i want something similar to the Assassin, I also play jazz band but I don't want a jazz guitar specifically, if you can help me out I'd really appreciate it, so Thanks!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: I have been playing for 2 and 1/2 years, I have a fender 212 and I am more than proficient at guitar, I would not be investing so much time/money into this hobby if I was not. Just for you guys who thought i started playing and only have a 10watt starter amp. Although a decent/crap guitar through my 212 sounds good, its just I need something new.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Last edited by swordsrkewl at Feb 14, 2008,
I strongly suggest that you look at a Jackson RR one with a floyd rose.

they come with some really nice sounding seymour duncan pickups and it's in your price range for sure.
after seeing your musical preference, you may wanna check out a hagstrom swede or maybe even an ibanez artcore(the custom if you can stretch for it)
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Just got a Hagstrom Swede and I'm enjoying it. It's a nice guitar, but he said he's looking for a tremolo system and the Swede doesn't have it. They have a semi-hollow model, not sure if it has a tremolo, but it's a nice guitar too and gets great reviews. You might find that appropriate for your jazz music as well.

--- D
Quote by Duster
Just got a Hagstrom Swede and I'm enjoying it. It's a nice guitar, but he said he's looking for a tremolo system and the Swede doesn't have it. They have a semi-hollow model, not sure if it has a tremolo, but it's a nice guitar too and gets great reviews. You might find that appropriate for your jazz music as well.

--- D

oh right i forgot he mention he wanted a trem

haha
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
get an amp... youll have a great guitar paired up with a starters pack amp...
Quote by CamaroEric+
jackson dkmg would be a good choice, also a schecter, they have a bunch of good guitars. the syn standard is great and right at 700 too.

Why the hell would he get a Syn Standard? It's got crap pickups, bolt on neck, and has SYN plastered all over it, plus a LFR.

I'd suggest getting a Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR. It has great Seymour Duncan pickups, Set-neck with "ultra-access" neck joint (making it feel like neck-thru), and an OFR. Not sure when it comes out seeing as it's one of their new 08 models. I haven't seen a site offering them for sale yet so you may have to wait a little while.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White w/Gold Hardware
Schecter Gryphon Limited Edition Flame top in Charcoal Burst
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
What kind of amp are you playing? you need a good amp b4 u get a good guitar... Get an amp than i would consider a fender stratocaster, if you want versitility
I do have an amp, Fender 212 with reverb its loud and its nice. I don't want a guitar just for jazz though like i said, It's just jazz band and I play rock shows and stuff. I do not want a Syn Gates guitar he's crap anyway and completely overrated. I think. I have been looking for new guitar options, but I don't know. Should I just wait for the assassin? I have read great things about it, sound and especially the tremlo, supposedly better than a Dean ML from hell i guess. I like that guitar too though, but its a bit price ($1000)

I am also not a big fan of fenders, good guitars, but produce such a generic sound and everyone and their mom uses them to, so I like a little variety.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by Avenger wL

I'd suggest getting a Schecter C-1 Blackjack FR. It has great Seymour Duncan pickups, Set-neck with "ultra-access" neck joint (making it feel like neck-thru), and an OFR. Not sure when it comes out seeing as it's one of their new 08 models. I haven't seen a site offering them for sale yet so you may have to wait a little while.

You mean this guitar?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-BlackJack-C-1-FR-ATX-Electric-Guitar-515765-i1386633.gc

Edit: in the description of the guitar it says it has a lubricating nut, it is wrong.

The guitar has a locking nut.

I would rather get this model over the hellraiser, + its cheaper.
Last edited by jake911 at Feb 14, 2008,
after seeing you have an amp... id say wait for the assassin... but personally i have 0 pacience so i would most definetly go for the schecter mentioned above