Well I personally think I still suck at playing guitar (or at least that im not as good as I wanna be) but my girlfriend is telling me im better then 3/4th of the guitarists in local bands. but since it's my girlfriend, I don't trust her opinion
now im going faster then my metronome while playing solos and stuff (250 bpm, btw are there any that go higher, like till 320 or something??? cuz im looking for a new one)
and I'm perfectly able to tab out songs (last one I did was blessed with tragedy, by the dying, about one hour ago or something) but still I think i'm not good enough to hit the stage(even tough I write songs myself as well). (been playing for 1 year, 7 months, about 2-3 hours a day)

What do you guys think you need to be able to do before you can call yourself a good guitar player???
And when do you think someone should start playing in a band???

(sorry for the confusing layout in the beginning)
your a good guitar player when you think your good, it's more of a personal thing.
and for a band, just get in one, find some music you all like, bingo, start getting some small gigs, use some of your own material, and keep moving up
The best way to GET better is to get in a band.
Playing with other people opens up more creative options (and limits you in some ways, I guess) and the more you play, the better you'll get.
Plus you're on the spot, so you'll be constantly trying to play to the best of your ability, which is a good thing!
Nothing like 3 or 4 guys giving you a weird look when you flub a note fas motivation to NOT do that......