i was over at the thread i want to kill dangerous endangered animals before i die and will obviosly die bladdy bladdy blah thread

and someone posted the video : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ohvxdbtHALA&NR=1

it did show me how big and fast ( AND BR00TAL! ) this lion was and how these hunters were killing it for no apparant reason but for recreation.

we had this talk in biolody where we talked about lions,ligers,tasmanian tigers and the dodo and how all of the species will be eradicated in our lifetime.

i am against the killing of ANY animal no matter what it is, as when i see a bear,lion die it reminds me of my dog and i love that dog to bits.

so endangered species

discuss.
I don't like killing animals for sport. But I do like to rough up a few animals now and then.

You know, going down to the zoo and throw a few punches. Those damn ostriches think they're so high and mighty.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
We should be doing more to preserve them. It's a shame that most of them seem to live in 3rd world countries which are woefully ill-equipped to handle the situation.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Kensai
I don't like killing animals for sport. But I do like to rough up a few animals now and then.

You know, going down to the zoo and throw a few punches. Those damn ostriches think they're so high and mighty.

I once saw this big dog tearing into a little dog, when they finally seperated the dogs the owner of the little dog punched the big dog (who was being sort of "heimleiched" by his owner) full in the face.

When the guy put it down it was like walking in a daze and collapsed.

I laughed a lil bit. Bastard kinda deserved it tho, biting another dog so hard it took 2 gown men to get it off.
I'm against the recreational killing of any animal, endangered or not.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I don't think killing endangered animals is cool but if a panda comes at me with ill intent. I'm gonna throw a falcon punch
A panda wouldnt be going any where with ill intent, they cant gather enough energy to cross roads for christ sake lol

Im again recreation killing of any kind, especially blood sports or fasion. We should definatly be doing more for these beutiful creatures such as tigers and snow leopards.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Kensai

I think if you're going to hunt, then you have to eat what you kill. It's the only way to justify it.

Trophy killing is despicable.

And btw, extinction is a natural event. It's part of evolution.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think if you're going to hunt, then you have to eat what you kill. It's the only way to justify it.

Trophy killing is despicable.

yea i do eat it. i dont jus kill for no reason. true hunter.
Quote by freedoms_stain

How is extinction part of evolution exactly?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
How is extinction part of evolution exactly?

the weaker species die out the stronger ones flourish? Isn't that the first thing they teach you about evolution???
Quote by SeveralSpecies
the weaker species die out the stronger ones flourish? Isn't that the first thing they teach you about evolution???

they dont teach us bout evolution.
and here we go on to evolution...

men will NOT evolve unless the food chain rapidly changes
we have nothing to strive for
and nothing will kill us/ or hunt us

evolution will not occur until i dunno martions?
Quote by SeveralSpecies

You're almost right.

basically if a species can't survive in it's environment it dies out, another species then moves in and adapts to the ecological niche left by the old species. The species that moved in comes from another population and over time diversifies from that population to become a new species in its own right
Quote by freedoms_stain
You're almost right.

basically if a species can't survive in it's environment it dies out, another species then moves in and adapts to the ecological niche left by the old species. The species that moved in comes from another population and over time diversifies from that population to become a new species in its own right

Almost right?

That's what my statement would have lead into.
I don't mind hunting as long as said hunter plans to eat the animal or give the meat to someone who will eat it, but killing an animal solely for the purpose of "fun" is wrong.

I've killed a deer and ate it before. I didn't waste any of it, and what I couldn't eat or freeze I gave to my neighbors.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I don't mind hunting as long as said hunter plans to eat the animal or give the meat to someone who will eat it, but killing an animal solely for the purpose of "fun" is wrong.

I've killed a deer and ate it before. I didn't waste any of it, and what I couldn't eat or freeze I gave to my neighbors.

What did you do with it's penis?
Quote by Kensai

you win again
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Almost right?

That's what my statement would have lead into.

stronger species isn't the right word.

stronger species implies a species is being out-competed in its niche. That's not entirely correct.

Humans waltz in, hunt a species to extinction, they don't take over the niche, they leave it open for another species to expoit. The new species didn't compete with the original, it just took over an empty niche
Quote by freedoms_stain
stronger species isn't the right word.

stronger species implies a species is being out-competed in its niche. That's not entirely correct.

Humans waltz in, hunt a species to extinction, they don't take over the niche, they leave it open for another species to expoit. The new species didn't compete with the original, it just took over an empty niche

Ah. Maybe more fortunate species, then?
but by killing these animals we encourage diversity. if people didnt kill these animals, then we'd just have species, instead of normal and endangered species. and two categories is more diverse than one
Quote by Def
but by killing these animals we encourage diversity. if people didnt kill these animals, then we'd just have species, instead of normal and endangered species. and two categories is more diverse than one

He's got us there.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Ah. Maybe more fortunate species, then?

pretty decent way of looking at it.

Quote by Def

Indeed, but diversification takes thousands of years, which is why the environmentalists get sand in their vaginas about extinction. The only see the species that are disappearing, not the ones arising