I'm looking for my first pedal and not sure what to get, I have a 15W crate amp, Gibson Les Paul, and a Fender Strat. Should i get a multi-effect one or something else? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
you have really nice guitars but one of the worst amps on the planet. WHAT THE HELL! don't get efx, save up for a nice amp.
Quote by Highwaytohell
you have really nice guitars but one of the worst amps on the planet. WHAT THE HELL! don't get efx, save up for a nice amp.

+123123019283094823

What are you doing with that amp? It probably makes your guitars sound like total crap.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
one of the best amps I've played out of was a 30 watt crate amp I think.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by stradivari310
+123123019283094823

What are you doing with that amp? It probably makes your guitars sound like total crap.

Well, I have a Stage amp, probably 30-40W, but if i turn it up past the 2 on volume it makes this LOUD crackling sound, so I can't use it anymore. And I want a new one anyway.
Quote by Mettliccaa
one of the best amps I've played out of was a 30 watt crate amp I think.

you haven't played out of a lot of amps have you? What is your budget man?
Well I would definitely go with a tube amp. I have a Vox Valvetronix 50W and its perfect.
get yourself a fender blues deluxe or blues deville amp and a metal muff pedal. unless you're only planning on playing balls out metal you will be very pleased
If you have the Crate 15-R, you have a good amp, I don't know what these people are talking about, it has awesome clean and good reverb, not the best overdrive (which is why I use a pedal). What kind of sound were you looking for because multi-effects pedals aren't that great unless you buy a considerably pricey one.
"I play guitar" - Me
Quote by Highwaytohell
you haven't played out of a lot of amps have you? What is your budget man?

$500 is all I want to spend max for my level of playing.
What type of music are you playing? maybe you should look on the Gear and Accesories page, alot of guys can help you there. If your playin classic rock, a Fender blues junior should be perfect
Quote by Highwaytohell
What type of music are you playing? maybe you should look on the Gear and Accesories page, alot of guys can help you there. If your playin classic rock, a Fender blues junior should be perfect

Classic rock, and Metal.
Quote by Honor525
$500 is all I want to spend max for my level of playing.

Get a valveking and you'll still have enough for a pedal or two.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
do not get a valve king. Save up for a used 5150, or save up more for a mesa f-30. 500 isnt going to get you great gear...
Are you gigging? If not get one of those black heart amps and a good od for metal
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by sowhat360
get yourself a fender blues deluxe or blues deville amp and a metal muff pedal. unless you're only planning on playing balls out metal you will be very pleased

+15
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat