Page 1 of 4
Anybody have more information about this???

My TV just crapped out and I have friends that go there

NO GUN CONTROL DEBATES. THESE WILL RESULT IN WARNINGS REGARDLESS OF YOUR STANCE EVEN IF YOU'RE ACTING NICE.
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Last edited by SOADwannabe at Feb 16, 2008,
people suck. it said nobody is dead or in critical condition. it will be all over the news tomorrow morning.
Oh man that sucks. There's a good amount of people from my area that go there :/

EDIT: Don't talk about gun control .. or it'll result in a warning.
Sent from my iPad.
Last edited by paintITblack39 at Feb 14, 2008,
I can't understand this, I just can't. Taking a gun to school and shooting random students, I don't care if you were bullied, picked on, abused, it's doesn't matter, there's no point in it.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Jesus Christ, what's with all the school shootings lately? What happened to safe schools eh?

Funny words.
I just saw this on the news. What the hell is going on with all the shootings in the US?

So far I haven't heard that anyone died, let's hope it stays that way.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
I just saw this on the news. What the hell is going on with all the shootings in the US?

So far I haven't heard that anyone died, let's hope it stays that way.

I blame bad parenting. And I'm tired of this shi t...
This sig is
This **** just makes me angry...

So you've had a bad valentine's day..DEAL WITH IT.
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

alright my tv has un-janked itself.

there are reports on ABC that the gunman is dead and hospitals are expecting up to 15 victims
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Wasn't there a school shooting just a few weeks ago some other place? Finland or something?
At this point theres no shock in it anymore. My reaction is pretty much " Oh another one bummer."
ok. the gunman's dead. 15 victims, but that's dead and injured. he fired with a shotgun and pistol.
#DTWD
A question to the American users, in an average year, how many school shootings would you say are in the news? Just out of curiousity.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by roythereaper
A question to the American users, in an average year, how many school shootings would you say are in the news? Just out of curiousity.

there's a disproportionate lately. there usually aren't that many [making the news]. i wonder if the rise in coverage has caused to more of them happening. lots of unstable people out there with lots of ways to get guns.
#DTWD
My honest condolences to the families of the victims.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by primusfan
there's a disproportionate lately. there usually aren't that many [making the news]. i wonder if the rise in coverage has caused to more of them happening. lots of unstable people out there with lots of ways to get guns.

I'd agree with the last bit, I was shocked when I first went into a Wal-Mart. I seem to remember the last two in the news being in Finland, but there was a short article in the paper today about one in America yesterday or the day before, I believe.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
People are assholes. What the hell is the point of shooting up a school? Especially a college where people pay to learn.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
At this point theres no shock in it anymore. My reaction is pretty much " Oh another one bummer."

Same with me. It is sad to see that something so gross amd cruel is becoming more and more ordinary.
I'd like to know what these kids are thinking. I never got the impression that they are too depressive ore something, they rather seem to not know what they're doing. Just my view though.
Son of a F*cking bitch.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by TheQuailman
I'd like to know what these kids are thinking. I never got the impression that they are too depressive ore something, they rather seem to not know what they're doing. Just my view though.

well you're wrong. they're typically just insane. the guy at v-tech was. then you've got the high school ones which are also all troubled kids (the kind you see on UG a lot). outcasts, disaffected from peers and society at large, lots of angst, getting bullied sometimes. they generally come from messed up, broken homes. in any case, it's a psychological thing. the college ones are probably most definitely just mental disorders. not many people get bullied in college, but you can be alienated. there's been a lot of suicides at the universities closer to me. two people in my town got hit by trains. one kid just hanged himself the other day for no apprent reason. there's something wrong with a lot of the youth. perhaps it's all that existentialism BS in philosophy class. bad joke but maybe there is some truth to it.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
well you're wrong. they're typically just insane. the guy at v-tech was. then you've got the high school ones which are also all troubled kids (the kind you see on UG a lot). outcasts, disaffected from peers and society at large, lots of angst, getting bullied sometimes. they generally come from messed up, broken homes. in any case, it's a psychological thing. the college ones are probably most definitely just mental disorders. not many people get bullied in college, but you can be alienated. there's been a lot of suicides at the universities closer to me. two people in my town got hit by trains. one kid just hanged himself the other day for no apprent reason.

It is pretty hard for me to understand that whole situation. These things don't happen often around here, so I don't have experience to share.

Is there anything done by the government to stop this, I mean some serious steps against it?
I can see some weirdo blaming marilyn manson and cannibal corpse for it, not that that would madke anything better.
Quote by TheQuailman
It is pretty hard for me to understand that whole situation. These things don't happen often around here, so I don't have experience to share.

Is there anything done by the government to stop this, I mean some serious steps against it?

I can see some weirdo blaming marilyn manson and cannibal corpse for it, not that that would madke anything better.

well there's not just one cause. rarely is that the case for anything. i do think media has one part in it whether it be movies or music. it's not the cause. the government can't do too much except *points to first post*. but even then, it's just sticking a piece of bubblegum in the crack of the dam. school shootings are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the troubled lives of lots of people. there's a deeper problem here of despair in society. even if school shootings were stopped by govenment regulation somehow, it wouldn't change how messed up a lot of kids are.
#DTWD
Quote by TheQuailman

Well besides the whole gun control thing (which I'm not talking about), there's not alot to do. The media will blame video games, tv, movies, and violent music, but violence has been around forever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^^you guys probably want to hint at the terrible economic situation of some of these kids, right? That has been bugging me for years. One of the richest countries (if not THE richest country) in the world still has a big slice of the population living in filth and poverty. From what I hear on the media this won't change anyway soon. I guess this was by far not the last shooting this year.

anyone know how many people actually died? Someone said 15 injured and dead, but how many of the injured will probably survive?
Quote by TheQuailman
^^you guys probably want to hint at the terrible economic situation of some of these kids, right? That has been bugging me for years. One of the richest countries (if not THE richest country) in the world still has a big slice of the population living in filth and poverty. From what I hear on the media this won't change anyway soon. I guess this was by far not the last shooting this year.

anyone know how many people actually died? Someone said 15 injured and dead, but how many of the injured will probably survive?
I think most of the school shooting situations are out of anger and hatred of humanity.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by TheQuailman

I had said that there were "reports" of at least 15 people being hospitalized.
The shooter is indeed dead
I still don't know if any victims have been killed or not.

This all happened just two hours ago
Bought for a few pennies
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Last edited by SOADwannabe at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by TheQuailman

No confirmed deaths other than the shooter yet. One station is reporting 2 dead, but it's the only one.

I've got a couple of friends that go to NIU. Luckily I've talked to all of them.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
I think most of the school shooting situations are out of anger and hatred of humanity.

might be, but I'd wonder where that comes from.

I had said that there were "reports" of 15 people being hospitalized.
The shooter is indeed dead
I still don't know if any victims have been killed or not.

This all happened just two hours ago

thanks for pointing that out. Maybe we should just leave it be now. We'll have it more detailed tomorrow, we can still talk about this then.
*leaves*
Quote by paintITblack39
Oh man that sucks. There's a good amount of people from my area that go there :/

EDIT: Don't talk about gun control .. or it'll result in a warning.

you paintITblack39 : download "around the world" by Daft Punk and then look at your avatar. So cool
13 victims with gunshot wounds to the head.

This means he was either a really good shot, or he executed them. Either way it makes me sick
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by TheQuailman
might be, but I'd wonder where that comes from.
I think most of it comes from teasing. Most of the gun men are outcasts and people that are constantly made fun of. People need to learn that words hurt
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 4