breathing in the colors, time internal condensing
phantom sounds echo and return
patterns connecting patterns from source to deviant end
eyes wide, still like water, waiting for the space to bend
no idea escapes me
shadows rolling over still lands like waves in the sea
a walking dream that never ends
that is what a life should be

Makes me think of Tool alot for some reason. I love the imagery of it especially the geometric shapes. Trippy as ****, but in a good way. It seems like bending space and time and being able to manipulate matter, but being very at one with yourself amid what could be chaos.
^ thanks man, i'll totally take that as a compliment. i love tool and think maynard is a wonderful lyricist (although i wasn't thinking of tool when writing it i'll still definately take it as a compliment)

edit: these are actually lyrics for a acoustic song i'm working on, i had actually planned on doing a reznor style soft vocal with some weird stuff for a beat behind it and some synth sounding guitar stuff for backing chords. i might have to add a bit of a tool like bass to it now.
HMm. I could really see that working actually. Hmm...triphop beats slightly? You could make it reverb laden drums, and the vocals airy like Reznors.
^ actually, heheheheheh, no beat at all. i got this fun little delay thing i do where i take a sine wave and stretch it all askew and it sounds really electronic and you can form a beat with it but its definately not drums. thats what i'll be using really for percussion (oh and tapping a beat on the body of the guitar too)
oooh. Noice. I like it. Very inventive. If you ever need ideas or anything (I doubt you will ) give me a PM or something.