Is the Crate v50-112 for mostly metal?

I'm still in the doubt weather to get a blackheart 15W or the crate v50 which is $50 more than the BH and 35 more watts more than the BH

I just want to make sure I get the right amp so I don't have regrets later on.

I want a classic rock tone
Which one is it? The white Palomino one or the black one. The black one is more of a american tone. Ie Mesa and Fender because of the 6l6 tubes. The cream colored Palomino has EL34 tubes for that Marshall sound to it. I would go for it definatly if you want classic rock.
the v50 would be perfect for classic rock tones. I have a crate palomino v32, which is almost the same thing, just less wattage and a different color, and it makes great vintage sounds
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Which one is it? The white Palomino one or the black one. The black one is more of a american tone. Ie Mesa and Fender because of the 6l6 tubes. The cream colored Palomino has EL34 tubes for that Marshall sound to it. I would go for it definatly if you want classic rock.

BLack one
Pretty much all of the Crate V series amps are more classic rock oriented. The V50 is class AB versus the Palomino's, the V33, the V18, etc, which are all class A.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
I would recommend the b-52 at112. It's pretty close in price and sounds great for a variety of genres. Guitar player did a review of a bunch of amps in your price range, and they liked it the best.
There's a video of it on here under amps: amp showdown.
http://guitarplayertv.com/index.html?req=1&station=gear

Here's a review of it, with a video:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885676

Good luck!
Quote by acdcrocks0323

It's pretty much guaranteed that it's the EL34 one. 50 watts is the output of two EL34's, and the 40 and 60 watters are produce by 2 6L6's.

The black V series also runs on EL84's and EL34's...
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by saltysnail
I would recommend the b-52 at112. It's pretty close in price and sounds great for a variety of genres. Guitar player did a review of a bunch of amps in your price range, and they liked it the best.
There's a video of it on here under amps: amp showdown.
http://guitarplayertv.com/index.html?req=1&station=gear

Here's a review of it, with a video:
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1885676

Good luck!

Wow! The mid gain sound was great as far as I could tell. Not something i could get out of it when I tried it.
Quote by Reincaster
It's pretty much guaranteed that it's the EL34 one. 50 watts is the output of two EL34's, and the 40 and 60 watters are produce by 2 6L6's.

The black V series also runs on EL84's and EL34's...

Well this is the black one I am talking about.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V50112-50W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=487054
Wait til the Blackheart comes out and try both of them. The Blackheart is THE classic rock amp. I think it's like having a mini Marshall Plexi!
Quote by acdcrocks0323

Seems like the tubes are higher voltage there, to put out 50 watts.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

hhhmmm... thats kinda wierd, because i have the 112 18-watt version and the sound is a lot closer to british-voicing than american...
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by glaz31
hhhmmm... thats kinda wierd, because i have the 112 18-watt version and the sound is a lot closer to british-voicing than american...

Yep, because it uses EL84 tubes which are british tubes. They've got a mid bump to them, and less lowend than a 6L6
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Quote by Reincaster
Yep, because it uses EL84 tubes which are british tubes. They've got a mid bump to them, and less lowend than a 6L6

Yes. It probably has a Vox or Marshall based circuit, while the black V50 is Fender based I think.
i see. i should get to try out that v50 as well one of these days. i thought it was british-voiced as well
Jong

Strat, V847a, OCDv3, Carbon Copy, DD-5, Flying Dragon, EL84 amp
Quote by esp1234
I just want to make sure I get the right amp so I don't have regrets later on.

Then get a second hand Peavey Classic 30. They're everywhere. Well built, great tone, and always cheap. Better than either of the amps you're looking at for the tone you're looking for.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.