Hello
I have a Dunlop DC Brick on my pedalboard now and I think it's probably the best pedal power supply. However, If the adapter fit, could I use one of the 18v outlets on the DC Brick to power a 9v pedal? Would this boost the volume of the effect?
Thanks
No about the volume, but it has worked for me before because i lost a 9v cable and had to use it at a show.

By the way anybody know where to buy replacement cables for a DC brick?
Quote by Avopeac

it was like, "so...you like poison?"

hippie: "no man, i'm a rejecter of the poisons of the world"

dad: "uhh, ok...how about whitesnake?"

hippie: "all creatures are equal in my eyes"
Quote by shreddin78
No about the volume, but it has worked for me before because i lost a 9v cable and had to use it at a show.

By the way anybody know where to buy replacement cables for a DC brick?

Dude, I have been trying to find that out myself (regarding the cables) I lost like 4 of them. What I did.. which is kind of bad.. I went to guitar center and they had like 4 bricks set up on display with all these pedals attached to them. I just stole like 5 of them. I talked to the guys that work there and they said you cant get extra cables. I didnt want to buy another brick so I said **** it.
It depends. Some pedals (like the OCD) run fine on 18v. This will give you more headroom.

However, most pedals are designed for 9v only. They can be damaged if you run them on 18v.
It depends on the pedal. Some can take 18 volts, many cannot. I wouldn't do it if the manual doesn't mention that it can take 18. With pedals that can handle the extra voltage, there is a slight increase in headroom and bass response, but not really volume.