Page 1 of 2
Everyone I know hates Winger, why?!? Winger is awesome and yet nobody likes them. What do you guys think of 'em?
Winger is a great band. The song "baptised by fire" pwns hands down.
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
they're really underrated IMO
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
Awsome band, Seventeen has a classic solo. Reb is one of my all time fav guitarist, and of course Miles Away which is a cliassic powerballad
Quote by icon_player_5
they're really underrated IMO

They are VERY underrated. Everyone I talk to says they suck, but I can't see how.
Nobody else to blame than Beavis & Butt-Head, and Kip's comments about Metallica.
Last edited by DaFjory at Feb 20, 2008,
Very underrated... One of the best & most talented hair metal bands ever... Reb Beach w/ his amazing guitar playing & Kip with one of the best rock voices i've ever heard.
Either Winger or In The Heart of the Young, both are fairly solid albums.

Winger is way underrated, its funny that such a great band was brought down by a cartoon, but I do love Beavis and Butt-head.

Reb Beach is simply a beast on guitar, he needs to get way more props.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Winger is one of my favorite metal bands--especially of the 80's. Their guitarist was incredible!

I believe my brother's guitar teacher somehow knows Reb Beach...though I won't ever get to meet him.

But, yeah--Winger's one great band!
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
I know why they are hated. Stewart on Beavis and Butthead wore a Winger shirt. There goes my retarded answer.

OR...MAYBE! I know this is far fetched but MAYBE just maybe! They don't like their music! Maybe thats it.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
OR...MAYBE! I know this is far fetched but MAYBE just maybe! They don't like their music! Maybe thats it.

Could be, but there was a well-noted drop in Winger's popularity following Beavis and Butt-head bashing them.

It's a large conflict, I like Beavis and Butt-head AND Winger. I guess I'm a hypocrite...
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
Quote by DaFjory
Nobody else to blame than Beavis & Butt-Head, and Kip's comments about Metallica.

lol so true.

I like 'em. Seventeen is classic, and Reb is one of the best guitarists to come out of hair-metal.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
When you kind of think about it then Seventeen can be a creepy song. I don't think of some 40 year old singing "Shes only Seventeen..."
Funny thing, in a recent live performance they changed the lyric said "She's only thirty give (thirty five)" it was pretty funny. That song doesn't come really creepy to me...I mean they were in their 20's when they wrote that so it doesn't come off like that.
Yeah, I don't think about it in a pedophile like sense personally. But if you really think about it, it can sound creepy.
Those guys are amazing.
Doom Beavis and Butthead and James Hetfield forever for this.

Kip's an awesome vocalist and Reb is an outstanding guitarplayer.
They got skills.
I'm only seventeen... SEVENTEEN!

Yeah, I love Winger. They beat out bands like White Lion any day.
Quote by Chapz
Those guys are amazing.
Doom Beavis and Butthead and James Hetfield forever for this.

Kip's an awesome vocalist and Reb is an outstanding guitarplayer.
They got skills.

That's the only thing I dont like Metallica for, i can forgive them for St. Anger and the therapy, but...I shall not forgive them for throwing the dart at Kip Winger's poster...that wasn't cool. Reb is a freakin' amazing guitarist, jazz fusion background and of very heavy metal fame, plus he went to Berklee.
Reb is a beast although I think he isn't as good as he used to be Nowadays his tone is a little strange and his tapping is a little less imaginative

That said the new Winger album is great I just dont think hes fitting into Whitesnake well...Reb should stick to Winger and Night Ranger

SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BRAINWASH ME
Quote by Philmore222
Reb is a beast although I think he isn't as good as he used to be Nowadays his tone is a little strange and his tapping is a little less imaginative

That said the new Winger album is great I just dont think hes fitting into Whitesnake well...Reb should stick to Winger and Night Ranger

SOMEONE'S TRYING TO BRAINWASH ME

I haven't heard Winger IV yet, how's Kip's voice is it still the way it used to be?
Quote by Eric 666
I haven't heard Winger IV yet, how's Kip's voice is it still the way it used to be?

I suppose. It has lots of Seventeen style groove rocking and a power ballad of course
Quote by Philmore222
I suppose. It has lots of Seventeen style groove rocking and a power ballad of course

I'm about to get it then. I love the Seventeen groove style rocking thing. Power ballads are the good ones too.
Quote by Philmore222

Sweet, I have to get it now, massive bump by the way.
Quote by Nacho Cheese!
Yeah it is a massive bump...Reb deserves it though.

Oh yeah, Reb and Kip were the real driving force in that band. What's everyone's favorite songs? Mine are

Seventeen
Miles Away
Rainbow In The Rose
Little Dirty Blonde
Baptized By Fire
Madalaine
Page 1 of 2