Ok... Welll I need help from you guys... and you might be wondering why I put this in the electric guitar forum thing... but idk if i put it in the right thing cos i am not good at this stuff, and i figured sence i am going to talk about electric guitars this would work,but i just need your peoples help.
Well...
I have a fender stratocaster, and an epiphone special les paul ii. (I have other guitars too, but you only need to know about those 2.
I want to trade them in to get a new guitar.
So.. here are my options:
1.I can trade in only one guitar toget an OK guitar. I would keep the better of my guitars (probobly the epiphone).
2.I can trade in both guitars and get 1 really good guitar.
(By the way i have extra money i can use.)
If i trade in both i would probobly get 200$ for them. only 1 would be around 100$.
I am looking for a Gibson SG model, or a Gibson Les Paul.

...So What should I do?
Basicly it is quality or quantity.
Thanks for your help. -ACDCrox74
i can understand 100 for the epi but $100 for a strat you'd b getting ripped off
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Last edited by MacAdam at Feb 14, 2008,
i say get rid of both
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
a FENDER strat... 300, a SQUIER strat... not really worth anything, maybe 100. your not going to get a gibson for 400 dollars, it won't happen. maybe get a high end epiphone or used SG faded from gibson.
Dude, sell them in the trading post or whatever.

Then buy an agile.

I would pick one of those over most gibsons anyday.(Excluding the sg-x and vintage models)

Its not the name you have on your guitar or how much its costs, its the quality that it was built with. Most of the faded/special gibsons are junk, I would recomend not messing with them.

I play shows and such, and i am very happy with my guitar that was only $300 new.(ibanez Jetking II)

Just think about that.
is this an actual fender strat or a squire strat?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by Gothkoss

Its not the name you have on your guitar or how much its costs, its the quality that it was built with. Most of the faded/special gibsons are junk, I would recomend not messing with them.

I play shows and such, and i am very happy with my guitar that was only $300 new.(ibanez Jetking II)

I could not agree more. A LOT of people are too hung up on names rather than what really matters, sound, feel, quality etc. Names that had high quality levels years ago still have the same name and shotty quality. Play the guitars before you buy something, that is key. Good Luck
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.