hey UG,

i have bunch of questions of questions about the frets of my guitar.

1.how do i know when i need to refret it?

2.i've noticed that the frets are humped in the middle(not the neck), is this normal?

3.what is fret dressing?how do i know if i need to do it

i haven't really paid any attention in maintaining my guitar until recently so basically i don;t know anything about it other than cleaning and stuff
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
1) When certain frets buzz while the rest don't, and the fret wire itself has valleys in itself
2)wut
3)I think it's redoing all the fretwires so they don't have any problems

you probably won't have to worry about any of it, but if you have a problem, keep it in mind
you mean like they rise up in the middle?? as long as theres no space between your fret and the fretboard it should be ok. shoudnt be able to see the tang of the fret if you know what that means
1st check the Fret Buzz Thread

That will give you some info about fret condition.

Check under the strings, if you see grooves you may need the frets dressed or leveled. (same thing, different terminology)

What do you mean by the comment about the frets "humped in the middle"? A better explanation might be a good idea.

It needs to be refretted when the frets are too thin to be leveled again and you'll probably have trouble playing it because they are so small.
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...
it looks like it's a bit arched in the middle,sort of like curved up,i may be able to get pics if only i could find my camera.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by skweezmylemon
you mean like they rise up in the middle?? as long as theres no space between your fret and the fretboard it should be ok. shoudnt be able to see the tang of the fret if you know what that means

yup,all of it sort of rises up in the middle,
Quote by Gunpowder