I don't really listen to modern rock that often, but I was wondering what you guys thought were some good solos in about the last 10 years. I am open to all suggestions, so anything is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
The second part of the solo in Trivium's Anthem (We are the fire)
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
No specific solos, but John Mayer is an incredibly guitarist.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Uh, maybe Dani California -RCHP, Or Fuel- Metallica.

Edit: If you count dragonforce as modern rock, any song by them.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Love_Buzz
Trivium....Buckethead...Metallica...Modern Rock?

No their not modern rock but he said he was open to all suggestions and did not specifically say modern rock soo... that's what he'll get.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by Mettliccaa
No their not modern rock but he said he was open to all suggestions and did not specifically say modern rock soo... that's what he'll get.

Yeah, but this is a forum dedicated to modern rock.
LOL
The best solo in the history of rock can be hear on Led Zeppelin's- The Rover

As far as modern rock goes, Trivium has some good stuff as does Atreyu... Im not a very big Modern Rock listener (mostly Prog and Classic Rock) so its hard for me to quantify the "best solo in the last 10 years"
I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
-Mohandas Gandhi