oh my god get the jackson... they look tons better, and have 2 pickups... just one pickup on a guitar looks retarded and theyre not nearly as versatile.... and that floyd isnt that bad
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
LTD
Pros
- Neck through
- Original Floyd
Cons
- Single crappy pup

RR3
Pros
- Real JB / jazz pups
Cons
- Bolt on
- Lic floyd

If you are gonna spend that much money on a guitar for the Alexi-600, I wouldn't get either one of those. You could get a much nicer one for $1,050.
ok, first off, the Jackson LFRs are AMAZING (for liscenced) and teh Jackson's are better quality wise, and lastly
is it cooler to say "ya i have a Jackson" or, "ya, i have the cheap LTD Alexi model"
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by rwalby9
LTD
Pros
- Neck through
- Original Floyd
Cons
- Single crappy pup

RR3
Pros
- Real JB / jazz pups
Cons
- Bolt on
- Lic floyd

If you are gonna spend that much money on a guitar for the Alexi-600, I wouldn't get either one of those. You could get a much nicer one for $1,050.

how is bolt on con?
most shredders actually prefer bolt on, take Malmsteen for example
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
how is bolt on con?
most shredders actually prefer bolt on, take Malmsteen for example

Its a personal preference I guess. I hate Jackson bolt-on necks

Plus if he can spend $1,050, that puts him in the range of used ESP Standards.
Quote by rwalby9
Its a personal preference I guess. I hate Jackson bolt-on necks

Plus if he can spend $1,050, that puts him in the range of used ESP Standards.

A lot of people would prefer a new midrange guitar than a used high end guitar.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Quote by Mortalitas
A lot of people would prefer a new midrange guitar than a used high end guitar.

I got a Warrior and had lots of problems with it. Might just be me, though. But, I don't think an RR3 compares to a nice Eclipse or M you can sometimes find either.
Quote by rwalby9
I got a Warrior and had lots of problems with it. Might just be me, though. But, I don't think an RR3 compares to a nice Eclipse or M you can sometimes find either.

Well i assume he's going for that offset V shape, so an Ecplise or M wouldnt be very favourable for him anyway. And still, its the fact that its used that makes it undesirable to a lot of people for any number of reasons.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Quote by Mortalitas
Well i assume he's going for that offset V shape, so an Ecplise or M wouldnt be very favourable for him anyway. And still, its the fact that its used that makes it undesirable to a lot of people for any number of reasons.

To each their own. Frankly if I look on eBay and see a nice guitar listed by a seller with like 96%+ feedback that is an ESP Standard in pretty decent condition, I'd get that over a new RR3 or LTD A-600. Playability and sound mean more to me than it being new and sounding/playing like crap. I just had a bad experience with lower end Jacksons, hence why I won't get another one and wouldn't advise anyone else to.

If he must have a V, at least go with an RR5 which is a little more than the Alexi but much better.

Edit: Hell, even get the ESP LTD V-500 before that.. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895
Well as you say, each to thier own. I wouldnt call the RR3 or the LTD A-600 'lower end' though, they're quality bits of gear. The RR3 is in the Pro Series, along with the RR5 and the RR24, there's the X series and the JS series that are the lower end ones.
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
I've got an alexi 600, its a great guitar but its not versatile with its one pickup. If its just for rock/metal its great and for 699 the price is unbeatable. If you've got 800 just throw in a blackout or emg in there if you want it and you've got yourself a deadly guitar. Ive played a bunch of RR3s as well as i had this same dilemma and they are great too, they are more versatile but no OFR and bolt on. I have another Jackson guitar and I'm not a fan of their bolt ons, but you might not have as big a problem with them as i do. I got the alexi in the end because it felt better to me when i tried it out, and I found a mint one on ebay for something like $580. Just try them out if you can.
i actuyually will say the alexi even thought it has one pup, but its a new seymour duncan blackout
and, cob is one of my fav bands