what are some ways you can have human rights taken away? I no the government can take them away but what are others? I have an essay to write on it and I have writers block, oh and its due at 12:30 tomorrow afternoon
you could write the whole essay just on ways the government can eliminate human rights...
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by Ach-med
you could write the whole essay just on ways the government can eliminate human rights...

True, I guess I could do that
Take away your right to vote, speech, assemble, petition, etc by making them illegal.
Quote by boreamor
If you die, you give up your human right to breathe...

how am I suppose to write an essay on that?
Quote by Chobes
Take away your right to vote, speech, assemble, petition, etc by making them illegal.

Technically, those are your CIVIL rights.

Your basic HUMAN rights (as initially described by Jefferson and believed to be warranted by God himself) were originally:
-Life
-Liberty
-Ownership of property (later modified to generic-ass "pursuit of happiness" for ultimate gheyness)

...pretty much open to interpretation, eh?
Last edited by JohnnyTrash at Feb 14, 2008,
Quote by JohnnyTrash

Your basic HUMAN rights (as initially described by Jefferson and believed to be warranted by God himself) were originally:
-Life
-Liberty
-Ownership of property (later modified to generic-ass "pursuit of happiness" for ultimate gheyness)

...pretty much open to interpretation, eh?

Yeah I no that but how can I write a essay on this stuff?
Quote by therealtater
Yeah I no that but how can I write a essay on this stuff?

Maybe you can talk about that whole "ownership of property" one (which goes unnoticed frequently) and how those who try to prevent such purchases (government appropriation of property, scandalous ass palefaces who originally penned the sh*t right after screwing the red man out of his land, etc...) are scumbags...
Quote by JohnnyTrash

Yeah, I noticed he specified human rights after I posted, I didn't feel like editing. I usually confuse the two anyway.
Quote by Chobes
Yeah, I noticed he specified human rights after I posted, I didn't feel like editing. I usually confuse the two anyway.

Well, when you get down to it, the civil rights are just the specifics of the human rights anyhow...

So it's not like it's wrong, I just get an obscene raging hard-on from splitting hairs.
Quote by JohnnyTrash
I just get an obscene raging hard-on from splitting hairs.