Page 1 of 2
Hi I'm in the market for a second guitar primarily for playing metal.
I've already got a KH-602 but want another guitar without a tremolo/Floyd Rose.

Any suggestions for me please, maybe a Schecter which one ? or an ESP Viper or what else should I be looking at to play some metal , BC Rich/Jackson ?

I saw an Iommi Epiphone signature available but the guy wanted too much money.

My amp is a Randall RG75G2.

Which one for me ???
the viper is a great guitar. The active EMG's kill. I have an ESP ec 1000 and it is the love of my life for the kind of music I play (Death Metal).

I'd say stick to the viper, or if you can manage to find a used ec 1000... even better
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Schecter C-1 Classic, it gets brutal with the Seymour Duncans, coil splitting, and it isn't un-versatile like EMGs so if you ever get into any other music you could play that. Best guitar on earth.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
schecter c-1 hellraiser perhaps
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
SCHECTER Avenger Hellraiser

just get it without tremolo

-------------------------------------------

93% OF TEENS LISTEN TO RAP, IF YOU ARE IN THE 7% THAT LISTEN TO GOOD MUSIC PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGGY
Get the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Such a great guitar, and it doesn't cost as much as alot of of other "metal" guitars.
Also look at the C-1 Classic. Killer guitar, and it looks nice too.
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
Quote by Boone666
Get the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. Such a great guitar, and it doesn't cost as much as alot of of other "metal" guitars.

+1 Love the hellraisers.
Quote by CICADA71
On the Schecter what is the Diamond series ?

I think Diamond Series is something they just put on all their non-custom guitars and basses. I see it on almost all of them. Could be wrong though.

The C-1 Hellraiser is an awesome guitar.
go with something by either esp or dean maybe even ibanez those are the big metal guitars out their now. you could even get a gibson if you want a good guitar with out a floating tremolo but their a bit more expensive
Jackson DKMG end of story BEST GUITAR IVE EVER OWNED they make a floyd and string through model the EMG's are KILLER and the neck SCREAMS shred better then my freinds $1000 some esp kirk hammett and way better then his $1000 some Gibson faded black Studio Les Paul Get This guitar you wont be disapionted

on a lighter note the esp viper 400 is nice too
Quote by SOAD316
ibanez guitars scream, whatever you do dont get a BC Rich

Don't listen to this ignorant idiot. I happen to own a warbeast, its most excellent if you can used to the shape to sit with. Comes with OFR, Ebony board, and neck through for 800 Bucks.
ibanez rga121 prestige
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
Would the Epiphone Iommi do the trick ?

My only concern is it's an Epiphone, quality and sound ?

Alot of signatures are cheaply made then sold for high prices because of the Artists name.
you could probably do better than the Iommi, not that it would be that bad (assuming its based on the G-400)

i second Ibanez, if you like the necks on them.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I agree the Warbeast looks sick, but I've heard so many bad stories about BC Rich guitars.
Is the quality that bad ?
How would it be for a second guitar primarily for playing metal.

Heres a link to one on ebay,,,,
any thoughts ?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/08-BC-RICH-GLOSS-ONYX-WARBEAST-WARLOCK-BEAST-ELE-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ190198991182QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33035QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
B.C. Rich WMD SOB?

I'm going to get flamed big time for saying that *Runs away screaming like a little girl*
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
Quote by CICADA71

Possibly, but I'd change the pickups, it is a low end bc i think, those ones are the bcs to avoid, but it should be fine with a pickup change
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

God damn this place and its incessant B.C. Rich recommendations for "metal" guitars! Does B.C. Rich make some high quality guitars? You got it. Do some of their guitars sound awesome and play greatly? You better believe! Do you look like a 16 year old douche bag when you play one? You bet you ass!

B.C. Rich guitars simply look like **** (don't get me wrong, the Mockingbird line and some others can look good but when you say B.C. Rich you usually mean the pointy stuff). You can't use them to play anything other than hard metal without looking like, as I just said, a 16 year old douche bag poseur. Some of the models, like the warbeast hurt like a mother to play sitting down - with points jabbing you in the chest and/or leg.

You want an awesome non-trem "metal" guitar that you'll still like when you're over puberty? Get a Jackson SL2HT, or an Ibanez RGA321, or an ESP M-1 NTB, or others in that area. Great looking, built to last, can cover many genres.

If you can't afford those higher end guitars check out a ESP LTD MH-400NT (don't get a viper), a Schecter 006 Blackjack, or the Ibanez RGA121.

Trust me: Young guys always want that eye popping "cool" axe... well, you grow up, you realize how lame all that crap is and end up with an American made Tele Not that I want to talk down to older guys that love their B.C. Rich guitar but all those cheap as hell, pointy as hell B.C. Rich guitars get zero respect by MOST mature guitar players.
Quote by SOAD316

This is the next amendment to our constitution. "Watever you do, don't buy a BC Rich". You will see this in every post on this website. You will see it on roadside billboards. You will see it scrawled on the walls of truckstop restrooms.
Because it was written by people who are uninformed.
Ibanez makes excellent guitars. I have owned several of them. Reb Beach let me play a prototype "S" series that he had back in the 80's. I have no beef with them. Love Satriani, love Vai. Love Rocky "RG" George. Let's make that clear.
I despise people who bash BC Rich. They make high quality guitars at every price point, and their custom-shop axes are on par with everything that Gibson and Fender and PRS put out. People who say things like "Whatever you do, don't get a BC Rich" are ignorant to the facts. Grow up, and until you do, shut up.
Quote by Johnthewrench
This is the next amendment to our constitution. "Watever you do, don't buy a BC Rich". You will see this in every post on this website. You will see it on roadside billboards. You will see it scrawled on the walls of truckstop restrooms.
Because it was written by people who are uninformed.
Ibanez makes excellent guitars. I have owned several of them. Reb Beach let me play a prototype "S" series that he had back in the 80's. I have no beef with them. Love Satriani, love Vai. Love Rocky "RG" George. Let's make that clear.
I despise people who bash BC Rich. They make high quality guitars at every price point, and their custom-shop axes are on par with everything that Gibson and Fender and PRS put out. People who say things like "Whatever you do, don't get a BC Rich" are ignorant to the facts. Grow up, and until you do, shut up.

So true,
i myself am not a BC Rich fan,and never was.But i dont doubt that there guitar have a great quality if you actually pick the right ones.

The only reason people bash the BC Rich company is because all they play is the crap models,the cheepest **** they can find.But everyone company has crap models.
Ibanez RG 120-so now what ever you do,dont get an Ibanez
Squier-Oo0o00 not you cant buy squier or fender guitars.
Ltd m 100-ok LTD is no more..

Get my point.

Anyway you will never get an answer for the right guitar to get.Go out and play them.As you can see from this thread everyone had there own opinion.
Well, there is nothing wrong with BCs and if you want looks, go for them, otherwise you could try out some of what other people have suggested
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

The Jackson KV2T and the RR1T Flying v's are good but if you don't like flying v's the SL1T or the WRXT should be your best choice
the schecter hellraiser avenger is a dream, get it
too bad i doesn´t have a trem(too bad for me)
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by CICADA71
Would the Epiphone Iommi do the trick ?

My only concern is it's an Epiphone, quality and sound ?

Alot of signatures are cheaply made then sold for high prices because of the Artists name.

Quote by FLNagle
you could probably do better than the Iommi, not that it would be that bad (assuming its based on the G-400)

i second Ibanez, if you like the necks on them.

The Iommi signature would be well suited. I have a G-400 and the quality on it is great, other then the pick-ups, which I swapped for EMGs. The Tony Iommi signature comes with Gibson Toni Iommi pick-ups, which are like $160USD each. It's also supposed to have a slimmer neck then the normal G-400, the normal G-400 has a rather hefty neck.

High-end Epiphones are pretty nice, just avoid the SG Specials and similar.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by SOAD316

lol idiot, get on the band wagon why dont you

id go for a C-1 hellraiser.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Page 1 of 2