Im currently using a 115 watt amp ( I won't tell you make or model ), and there is not enough gain on it is there a pedal or something to boost it? The only solution I have found are EMG-FK (20db gain boost).
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Im currently using a 115 watt amp ( I won't tell you make or model ), and there is not enough gain on it is there a pedal or something to boost it? The only solution I have found are EMG-FK (20db gain boost).

Sounds like you need an OD Pedal. If you aren't telling us, does that mean its an MG?

Try out some different Tubescreamers and that kinda thing.
...it's an MG. Don't add a gain booster to your guitar, get a new amp. Either that, or get something like an MXR Disortion + or III pedal to put in front of it.
wow i wasnt aware that any MG has 115 watts? who makes amps that has 115 watts anyways? and if its a solid state dont buy an overdrive pedal it will sound bad, buy a good distortion pedal
Quote by xmercyme21x
wow i wasnt aware that any MG has 115 watts? who makes amps that has 115 watts anyways? and if its a solid state dont buy an overdrive pedal it will sound bad, buy a good distortion pedal

Well my Spider II is 120 watts, and 2x10. And they make a 150 watt 2x12 version. And a 150 watt head.
Quote by xmercyme21x
i know they make 120 and 150 watt amps but 115 watts is quite unusual.

i think he's looking at the input power...
Quote by RG_FANMAN
...it's an MG. Don't add a gain booster to your guitar, get a new amp. Either that, or get something like an MXR Disortion + or III pedal to put in front of it.

+1

Even then, it'll sound terrible going infront of an MG's distortion.
Funny words.
You would help YOURSELF a lot if you tell us your make and model. Even if it's an MG or Spider or something, then we can advise you accordingly. A lot of us on UG - whether we like to admit it or not - have been down that road before, myself included.

The hardest part is admitting.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
well, assuming said amp is the MG on your profile, you need a distortion pedal. try out the EH Metal Muff. avoid the Boss Metal Zone.

-and if its not the MG, just tell us. you'd be better off being made fun of by 3 dicks on UG than to buy a product that wont sound good.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by k1ng_pooh

It's a 100 watt amp, and you can't really boost it unless you want it to sound even worse than it already does. Best thing to do is get a stand-alone distortion pedal to use on the clean channel.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com