If anyone has seen the white stripes DVD under blackpool lights and knows how i would set the dials on my spider 3 and my big muff it would be greatly appreciated. I just got into electric so i do not understand how tone sustain treble mid and bass work. The best way you could help is tell me where i should set my dials. Ex. set bass @ 3:00 and mid @ 4.
craystarR
Everyone is going to rightly flame you for getting a Spider amp, but we're not here to talk about that.

Ok, to get a generic White Stripes tone, use the "twang" channel on your amp, as you want headroom for your Big Muff to work with. Depending on how bassy your amp is, set your bass around 8 o'clock, out your mids at around 4 o'clock, and your treble at 1 o'clock, and then use your Big Muff accordingly. To get an decent representation of Jack White's tone however, you will need to invest in an octave pedal at some point, as this is a key factor on many songs he plays. You may also want to add some reverb to the mix at around 10 o'clock too, depending on what songs you're playing.

I haven't seen the DVD but I know pretty much how Jack White will sound.

Also, what guitar are you using?
*Flames 'csguitar' for getting Spider and liking the White Stripes*
My work here is done.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
his set up is pretty simple
old airline guitars
old crappy silvertone amps/ twin reverb
big muff
whammy
you have the crappy amp down but the wrong kind of crappy
Quote by SurfinWithSatch
*Flames 'csguitar' for getting Spider and liking the White Stripes*
My work here is done.

Says he with not one but TWO MG's!

I would remove them from your sig, they take the sheen off having a JCM 900 there.
Quote by greggybhoy

haha!

Ultimate Settings Thread man, it's stickied at the top.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by greggybhoy

I would remove them from your sig, they take the sheen off having a JCM 900 there.

Nah I might leave them there. It is a reminder for me, so I can always see what I have progressed from using. My days of mind bogglingly bad tone are left far behind me now.......all I gotta do now is get the other guitarist in my band to stop using his MG and my ears are forever blessed.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
lol did i mention i f**king hate that spider III flame me if you like but keep in mind that i just started playing electric. That amp cost me $80 and it basically was a test amp to see if i like electric. I am making a tube amp right now though in my engineering class. So there you have it you can flame me for buy a pos amp but i can make a $900 amp for less than $200.
craystarR